Employee Portal - Tiles

Jeremy

After the update this morning there are still some design issues, but only slightly.

image.png.4d8997e209a6bcc4d129d56acc82b85b.png

Also would it be possible to ask for an enhancement for the link boxes, when you set them to tiled would it be possible to choose how many columns are within the box (see below, this could take another column) to allow more information to be displayed at first glance?

image.png.9c918f0ea30f7ca6d0836ac8086da980.png

Hi @Jeremy,

Can you please tell me what browser and OS are you using? I'm asking because I can't see the problem with the text being cut at the bottom. Also based on your screenshot, I imagine you are using a two column widget, that should display three columns.

Thanks,

Daniel.

OK thanks @Jeremy,

I managed to replicate the issue with the text. This happens with the title of the link when it uses two lines and has no description.  We'll ll fix this.

The columns issue, I'll try to replicate your scenario, will probably find the specific case. I don't believe we  need to complicate things by adding a number of columns, that should work automatically based on the layout you use.

Regards,

Daniel.

@Daniel Dekel thanks for looking into this, I did not know that these link boxes should have 3 columns.

Is it possible to let me know how many columns each box should have e.g.

1 column wide - 1 column of icons/links
2 column wide - 3 colums of icons/links
3 column wide - ?
4 column wide - ?

@Jeremy,

The size of each tile is about 160 pixels. That will  make:

1 column widget to hold 1 tile

2 column widget - 3 tiles

3 columns widget - 4 tiles

4 columns widget - 6 tiles

In a mobile (a normal 6 inch screen) it will usually fit 2 tiles per row. 

Daniel.

@Jeremy,

In order to align properly all the images, we are taking the tallest image and use that as the height for the container of every link. So if you have one link with an image of 410px height and another with 100px height, to avoid having misaligned labels it will use 410 as the height of the 2nd link although the image will still be fine. 

Can this be the case for you? This will only happen if you have two or more links. 

Did you try adding a width?

Daniel.

@Daniel Dekel So we have an image on a seperate Domain page, I have set the size to the 0 to auto size the image but it doesn't look right in the section. Is there a better way to display images via a different widget?

image.png.4940da427931d355fabedd9c0f7ebd1d.png

This image is only an external link to the moodle environment, it would seem to limit image sizes across the site is not going to be good as this will effect Corporate styling etc. If there is not a suitable widget, can there be an option to fill widget or to set the background of a widget as a picture/image?

@Jeremy,

The tile layout is not going to help you because it uses a max of 160px. You can either use the none tile layout and specify width and height or just use the Text Widget. There you can be more flexible.

You could ass a wiki if an image + a link:

[[file:https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Ql93EuAI4GE0mW1lg7PCOobsoRvkcIpAWYn8Ei108HTHs8icVeehbYGJbBz5TrMWY-6a6wGD=w640-h400-e365  |link=http://www.gmail.com]]

See more here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Wiki_Markup

Regards,

Daniel.

@Jeremy I can see the problem. The if not using tile and you don't specify the image width it will be aligned to the left of the text.

Label

Label

So in your case if you specify the width it will work. I've anyway added the option (for the next build) to not use the width 

In the following screenshot you can see the two widgets showing the same thing. One Links and the other Text.

Regards,

Daniel.

image.png