EmployeeId field

Hi Hornbill,

Is there a reason the EmployeeId field is hidden expect when you using the SOAP API? Would be good field to show in the admin portal instead of using a custom attribute to store HR Employee Id. This would save having to use a custom attribute.

Thoughts?

Jonny

• Like 1

Guest Yodit

Hi @LifeOfJonny, the EmployeeID is a new field that has been introduced recently by the Development Team. It is not available in the Admin tool yet, as the Team need to ensure all relevant API's have been extended, but we will provide confirmation once this has been updated. 

4 minutes ago, Yodit said:

Hi @LifeOfJonny, the EmployeeID is a new field that has been introduced recently by the Development Team. It is not available in the Admin tool yet, as the Team need to ensure all relevant API's have been extended, but we will provide confirmation once this has been updated. 

Thanks for the update,

As its available to me in the API currently, and I'll soon be doing a big user import, should I populate while I'm at it or not bother?

Guest Yodit

Hi @LifeOfJonny I have asked the Dev Team to provide a potential availability time frame and will feed this back as soon as possible. With respect to the user import, please can you confirm how you intend to use the EmployeeID field (i.e. will it need to be visible in a particular area, will this be used to govern decisions in the business process etc.)? 

Guest Yodit

Hi @LifeOfJonny, I received confirmation that this EmployeeID field is currently in beta and is due to be released to live early next week. When were you planning to import your users? 

Hi @Yodit,

The idea was to populate it and then when Hornbill allows it to be shown in different parts of the application it would already be populated for use. We wasn't going to use it in any BPM processes. The only thing we might use it for is a SQL query to check if the user has already got a hornbill user count by checking the employee ID.

User Import will be taking place next week or week after.

Jonny

Guest Yodit

Hi @LifeOfJonny apologies for the delay in my response. I can confirm the EmployeeID field is now available in the Admin tool against a user's profile and so you will be able to populate this value in your user import configuration.