h_Summary Field in PCF's on the Employee Portal

Jeremy

We have quite a few fields in different PCFs mapped to h_summary and it has been highlighted to us that this now basically does the same as the search function within the portal and tries to be clever in suggesting other CIs, FAQs, Previous Requests etc can this be turned off or hidden in the portal please?

This can and will cause confusion as when customers complete these forms they have no concept of these things and should be (in my opinion) reserved for analysts, this is at least going to cause confusion for people filling in forms etc as the box is not easily removed. I have a image of the issue below this is on the portal with any field mapped to h_summary... to go through all fields in our PCFs to work out which ones are mapped to this field and then change these and the corresponding BPMs to update the summaries 'manually' is not currently that feasible.

image.png.7468ad4152a5c06ed00c2489d222ab54.png

@Jeremy just like the service portal, there is a setting to hide the knowledge centre from progressive capture for the employee portal, i.e it won't show on the summary field in the details form, or on fields mapped to the h_summary field, the setting is:

guest.anonymous.employeePortal.core.disable-knowledge-search-in-pro-cap
ON will disable the Knowledge Base search in the progressive capture of the Employee Portal  

This is under Applications > Collaboration Core > Settings

We do however need to push an update out for this setting to be enforced, we are working on an update and will let you know once it is ready to push and then if this setting is enabled it will automatically apply to all your PC's. 

@Jeremy yep afraid so right now, i mentioned this bit in my last comment in the post above :)

We do however need to push an update out for this setting to be enforced, we are working on an update and will let you know once it is ready to push and then if this setting is enabled it will automatically apply to all your PC's. 

We too have just turned this feather 'On' as we were finding the search option popping up very confusing.  I like the bit about 'My Requests' appearing however didn't see the 'Service Request' area of any use for our customers.

Luckily we are just testing the portal at the moment.  Please let me know when the update is ready.

Thanks, Tina