Copy request details form to another service

chrisnutt

Hi,

I have amended the request details form for Change Requests on our test service. I need to roll this out to 15 other services. Is there a way I can copy this to them rather than setting each one up manually?

I can't see anything obvious.

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

@Victor, is it normal for the fields added to the form to move about? I have hit "Apply Changes", then if you go back in things are in a different order. So, I change them again, hit "Apply Changes" again, wait 30 minutes and sometimes it stays the same, sometimes it does not. It's making this very, very tough!

@Alberto M, did you have this issue?

Chris

@chrisnutt, no, that didn't happened to me, although sometimes it seemed that the "apply changes" didn't applied it but, as I was already at the end of a two days task on doing the same repetitive thing in +80 new request sub type catalog items, I just thought the problem was me, already desperate to finish that task. I have, however the feeling that what you described happened to me once or twice, but it could be me almost hallucinating ;)

1 minute ago, Alberto M said:

@chrisnutt, no, that didn't happened to me, although sometimes it seemed that the "apply changes" didn't applied it but, as I was already at the end of a two days task on doing the same repetitive thing in +80 new request sub type catalog items, I just thought the problem was me, already desperate to finish that task. I have, however the feeling that what you described happened to me once or twice, but it could be me almost hallucinating ;)

Hallucinations would be quite welcome!

@Victor, if it helps, I made a video of the issue. I was making the changes to one of the services. It took me 25 minutes. Don't worry, you don't have to sit through all that. I've cut it to adding the last field, then I scroll through so you can see the fields. I apply changes, and then go back in. You can see things have moved. This has happened on each service I have done this on so far and adds another 20-30 minutes for each one to try and get them to stay where they should be.

Thanks

Chris

• 6 months later...

Hi :)

Just to let you know that I finished adding a new custom field to our +-150 services, to five of the request types on each service, and I needed to repeat the same damn boring manual task 150 * 5 = 750 times!

I swear these are the moments I curse Hornbill. ;)

Have a nice weekend.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

+1 for sure. But then Hornbill have already committed to an overhaul of the Service Portfolio so I hope this kind of requirement was catered for. If you alter the Design of the Custom Fields of the Service, the changes are replicated across all services so there is a precedent for this type of behaviour