Business Process Won't Run

Michael Sharp

Really not sure what's going on but a new business process point blank refuses to run for me.  I've so far:

1. Created a new BP, validated/activated/published (showing as Active in the BP list)
  2. Assigned the BP to a catalog item which ran the default BP where all functions are unavailable except assign (and no HUD)
  3. Changed the BP to an existing one, ran fine
  4. Changed the PC to the basic request one, did not run
  5. Tried renaming the BP and re-applying to catalog item, did not run
  6. Tried copying the BP and re-applying to catalog item, did not run
  7. Request/process is not present in "Manage Executed Processes"
  8. Created a new catalog item, did not run

Need help/suggestions please???

Regards and thanks,

Mike.

I've worked out why it wouldn't run - I hadn't specified a destination within my "Next Stage" node (but the builder didn't tell me there was a node set up incorrectly).  I think this should be something you are notified of though?

Regards,

Mike.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Michael the team have looked into this and are struggling to replicate.  If No stage is defined in the Next Stage field, the expected behaviour is to move to the next stage defined in the business process.   If a stage is removed from a process, and is referenced in the Next Stage field, this stage is removed automatically and the field left blank, which is the expected default behaviour and will move onto the next stage in the process.  

On 6/16/2020 at 8:27 AM, Steven Boardman said:

@Michael the team have looked into this and are struggling to replicate.  If No stage is defined in the Next Stage field, the expected behaviour is to move to the next stage defined in the business process.   If a stage is removed from a process, and is referenced in the Next Stage field, this stage is removed automatically and the field left blank, which is the expected default behaviour and will move onto the next stage in the process.  

@Steven Boardman happy to close this one down to fair - if it crops up again for me I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Mike.