Disable dual Raise New button functionality

chrisnutt

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to stop the "Raise New" button having two functions and limit it to just the drop-down?

I.E. you click the button or the drop-down arrow and get the drop-down menu in either case

The reason is because I am finding it extremely difficult to keep on top of it and make the functionality the same in either case. There's always something that is slightly different. At least that has been my experience. I'd much rather just simplify the whole thing and make it behave one way.

Thanks

Chris

Thanks @Steven Boardman

What exactly does that setting do? The description seems to suggest that it prevents the request types rather than keep the drop-down as default.

Can you show me what happens if you were to press the button in your screen shot and take me all the way through to the request being logged?

Thanks

Chris

@chrisnutt It does, it hides the request types drop down and only shows the  Raise New option 

This means the Only progressive capture you will need to manage is the one set against 

image.png

This will allow you to define your branching on type, and jumping to catalog items etc in a consistent manner from the one PC.

The experience of pressing the button through to logging is whatever you configure in your progressive capture.

Thanks @Steven Boardman

I see. I understand.

Unfortunately, I was hoping to have the drop-down only and do away with going into the one progressive capture and switching around from there. That's where the problems I come across occur. Having one progressive capture per type, associated with that type in the drop down works well.

If that is not possible, then, I will review the existing progressive captures

Thanks

Chris

22 minutes ago, chrisnutt said:

Thanks @Steven Boardman

I see. I understand.

Unfortunately, I was hoping to have the drop-down only and do away with going into the one progressive capture and switching around from there. That's where the problems I come across occur. Having one progressive capture per type, associated with that type in the drop down works well.

If that is not possible, then, I will review the existing progressive captures

Thanks

Chris

Actually, I take this back. I have just made a quick change on each default progressive capture as per Bob in this other thread: 

Seems to work. Guess I was over-thinking it!

Chris

• 2 months later...

Hi Chris,

Good to hear that you have found a solution.  I just wanted to let you know that we have gone ahead and provide a change that lets you turn off the Raise New option as you had originally requested.  Hopefully this will give you some more choices on how you want to work with your Progressive Capture scripts. 

image.png

Regards,

James

• Thanks 1