External Authorisation Setup

JamieMews

Good Morning. 

Just having a look at "External Authorisation" to see its capabilities. 

This was on the Wiki "https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/External_Authorisation"

"To utilize External Authorisations, you will need to enable the experimental.feature.bpm.enableEmailApprovalNode system setting.

This can be located in the admin console > Home > System > Settings > Advanced"

This entry does not sit in our settings. 

I have tried using the "External Authorisation" Task within the BPM as I can see it but it Fails.

Error Message: Email Approval failed with state error... 

I have seen comments that this is a new feature but someone confirmed from Hornbill that we are on the latest build. 

Any clues?

@JamieMews the wiki has been updated as this setting should no longer be required (it was there when this was an experimental feature)

The external authorisation node should work, could you share a screenshot of your configuration in the business process and the node, so we can see what might be causing you that error?

I've included an example of business process with this node in and the decision node and outcomes as an example, if this helps

image.png

application-access-standard-change.bpm (10).txt

So I didn't actually use this email address. I used mine but wasnt sure about posting it. 

It fails so quickly. Doesnt feel like it really tried to send it if you know what I mean. 

Are there any preliminary stages that need to be set when the case is created?

Thanks for your help

@JamieMews ok one other option to check

As these authorisation emails are sent from the direct outbound email and from a fixed domain, do you have a live.hornbill.com domain configured on your instance?

image.png

This is the other way i was able to replicate your error, and it would appear immediately as you say.

image.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello @Steven Boardman I try to use the External Authorisation Node and i would like to send the email to the Line Manager of the requester but i don't get it to work. when i enter my email it works. I think Im doing something wrong that i don't get the Managers email address. Cab you help me how i get the email of the manager?

image.png.11fb5de70e70db9dffd6298e9b15e6b5.png

Thanks and regards

Nikolaj

20 hours ago, Nikolaj said:

@Steven Boardman one more question is this the last template of the external Authorisation Email? I'm asking because on the wiki it looks different.

thanks and regards

Nikolaj

Wiki: image.png.5711815f1802560ce9cd54b56640c1d9.png

Email: image.thumb.png.042ea83e97e15064d3b002138da4b7b0.png

Hi @Steven Boardman I have managed it to get the process running and the email will send out to the manager. But the mail looks like you see here. A bit strange. Can i modify it?

Thanks

Nikolaj

@Nikolaj the structure of the email template is set for this approval method (Hornbill branding, layout etc).

You can alter the the details and outcomes of the approval via the External Authorisation Business Process Node (title, description, outcomes)

The external authorisation email option is provided as a no charge approval option (i.e the approver doesn't need a Hornbill subscription to make approval decisions), and as such is fixed in terms of Hornbill branding and structure.

If more control is desired over the email template, then the standard approval method is available, where you can customise the email template used, but the recipient will need to be a Hornbill subscriber to be assigned an approval action.