Update emails

7oaks

When i update test calls, the emails are no longer getting through to the customers. When i check the emails within the call they just show the standard templates that i would expect to be sent but not what was actually sent. Where should i check as i cannot see anything in the BPM for Update emails. Thank you

@7oaks I take it you are sending emails from requests however they are not getting through to customers?  Is there an 'Email To:' entry in the timeline? If so does the email also reside in the Sent Items folder?

Deen,  there are no 'Email To' entries in the Timeline but there are the Request logged and my Update entries to go to the Customer in there (also Request set to new by BPM and Request assigned to Team by BPM) . The email was received by the Customer when the call was logged and is in the Sent Items but the Update isn't.   If i do a Filter for emails only, nothing appears but i know the initial email was sent and received. 

image.png.a0c1298eb65f24f16c7bf29641e22610.png

@7oaks the domain change is interesting, there are notification settings specific to the domain that may need to be updated.  Take a look here:

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Notification_Settings

The Email Notification Prerequisites should be of interest:

If you plan on including emails as part of your notifications the following settings need to be configured first.

• guest.app.requests.notification.emailDomain
This application setting must contain the domain from which the notifications will be sent. The domain specified must match an existing outbound mail route that you have configured in Hornbill
  • guest.app.requests.notification.emailMailbox
It is necessary to specify the ID of the Hornbill Shared Mailbox (e.g. helpdesk) from which the notifications will originate.
  • guest.app.requests.notification.emailPrefix
It is necessary to specify the email prefix to be used when sending application generated email notifications from the instance. Default value is noreply. This works in conjunction with guest.app.requests.notification.emailDomain and will represent the email address from which notifications will be sent.

@7oaks those are the settings that specify the email template you are using when sending emails to a customer from a request.  I thought what you were concerned with was actually the email notifications to an analyst when a request they own is updated by a customer?

• 2 weeks later...

Any luck with this @Deenand @Yodit   I am at a loss at to where else i can look for this to resolve the issue.  This is when the Analyst updates the call and sends an email to the Customer. No updates are appearing in the mailbox Sent items since we moved the mailbox back to Hornbill instead of our own on the 18th May. Calls logged and resolved are working

@Deen @7oaks We are experiencing the same issue. I wrote a customer facing update yesterday and received the mail. I then did some more tests this morning, and no mails were sent. I tried from the same request as yesterday and also from new tickets but no mail. The mail from yesterday is in the sent folder but nothing for today and nothing blocked in outbound. 

I can send manual updates using the email icon option but not automatic ones to the Customer. They have confirmed they are investigating but cannot replicate the outcome yet.

@Mette Petersen @7oaks when testing notifications please be aware of the context. Hornbill does not send notifications to self. Meaning, if in your tests you have your user as customer on the request while having the same user as the analyst making the update (and where the user as customer on the request is also the user who is the owner of the request) the notification will not be sent as it will be one and the same person. Basically ensure that customer of the request, the analyst/user who makes the update and the analyst whop owns the request are different users.

The ones i have sent are to an IT test customer from me as the Analyst, they worked before we moved back to using the Hornbill mailbox instead of our own but that may just be a coincidence

13 minutes ago, 7oaks said:

they worked before we moved back to using the Hornbill mailbox instead of our own but that may just be a coincidence

@7oaks don't think is a coincidence based on what I could see in the event logs in your instance... From what I could see, when I looked briefly last night, the functionality to send the email to customer when the analyst updated the request worked ok. The email also was created and according the the mail service logs, was sent ok. But you say the analyst did not actually received it. So is something here that perhaps is not working a-ok... The example I looked at was IN00000276 on an update made by customer on 08/06 at 13:15 (UTC/GMT)

On 5/22/2020 at 8:42 AM, 7oaks said:

@Deen - This is what we have reverted back to.   

image.png

This has been resolved by changing the Mailbox name to HornbillMailbox - thank you Yodit