Portfolio manager milestone view?

Morgan H

I'm trying to find a way to allow project board members to get an overview of milestone dates for projects in our program portfolio.

I have a few issues along the way -- and I cannot seem to find where in the help documentation to look. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'd like to have multiple projects of a similar type with a variety of project managers in my portfolio. I'd like to be able to create a gantt chart that includes dates for all milestones for the projects, not just the project end date.

Is there anywhere I can read up on how to configure this set up? Is it possible? If so, who can I share the view with -- other project board members? Do they need to have Project Mangager access or is it enough to have service manager?

Thanks for any help pointing me in the right direction!! 

No one?  Is there documentation or a tutorial for the Project portfoilio about how to build it up and activate stakeyholders? Is there a way to get a Gantt chart showing milestones and tasks for multiple projects you are not a Project manager for? 

@Morgan H thanks for your post.

Currently in Project Manager we don't have anything like the view that you have described at the programme level. I can see great value in the feature though and have passed it to our development and product teams for review.

In terms of Project Manager access, there are several roles that can be granted.

The 'Project User' role grants access to Project Manager and allows you to see projects where you are a stakeholder (member).

The 'Project Portfolio Manager' role grants access to Project Manager and allows you to see all projects, regardless of whether you are a stakeholder or not.

The 'Programme Manager' role grants access to Project Manager and allows you to see all Programmes, as well as key information for each project within that programme.

Currently, you must have one of these Project Manager roles, and therefore a subscription, to have any visibility of projects. One of the many things that we are actively working on is injecting projects into the Employee Portal, so ultimately your basic users (end users) without a project subscription will have basic access to projects that they are allowed to see.

In terms of allowing other board members who don't have a project subscription, visibility of project status's, I would recommend setting up a board in Board Manager with various lanes, ie 'In Progress', 'On Hold' etc and adding your projects to this board to give you an overview of everything that's happening in your portfolio.

Alex

• Like 1