Upload CSV Asset Error

Kelvin

I am receiving the following error shen trying to upload assets via a CSV file any ideas?

EspMethodCall::invoke: Operation[data::entityAddRecord] A database or query error occurred while inserting the primary record data into the database

Hi,

I am getting the same error message when trying to upload csv via "Asset New Assets" in Asset Management:

EspMethodCall::invoke: Operation[data::entityAddRecord] A database or query error occurred while inserting the primary record data into the database

Processed records 80/80 from assetmobileDevice.csv
records successfully uploaded
80 records failed to upload

I am using Hornbill template

Thanks
Daniel

This suggests that the asset may already been present.  If you change the asset name in the csv file to a unique one it would be interesting to see if it goes through without error.

Hi @Kelvin

in the CSV file you sent I can see 2 issues:

1. the operation state column must be '0', not 'operational', because in the database we save the index of the value selected, not the string

2. the dates must be in the format yyyy-mm-dd, NOT yyyy/mm/dd (there are 4 dates in the CSV file, they all need to be in the format yyyy-mm-dd)

Hope this helps

Regards

Armandoimage.png

@ArmandoDMI think it will be point 1 as excel seems to change the date format each time and we have to change in the csv. 

Thanks for looking at it, I will post back when I get chance to upload another batch.

• 4 weeks later...