Hidden Teams

Jeremy

Is the above possible? We have a specific scenario:

Two people need to have access to a Service (specifically the requests logged against this service), this can be achieved via supporting teams (which I have set up). But these two people only view these requests and are not in an actual 'team' they have been added to the team that supports this service, but this then gives then access to other things that we don't want them to see.

If a team could be set up e.g. restricted access and this is not visible in the drop downs etc to choose but then could be selected to Support services that would be great. Thoughts...

@Jeremy firstly there maybe some overhead here from an admin perspective, but in the business processes supporting this service, could you not use the Request Members > Add members option to add these two users to each request logged against this service.

Now assuming they had the appropriate rights to view the request types etc, this would allow them to be added, and have visibility of just those tickets they are added to as members?  

@Jeremy you said they were added to the team that supports the service but you don't want them to be able to get requests assigned to them hence my suggestion... why do you need these two people to access the request but with restricted actions and what kind of restriction are we talking about?

@Jeremy agreed, hence my overhead from an admin perspective comment  as this is the rub if you like :)  You could add userid's to the custom fields of a service, and use the variable picker to add the members as variables from the add members node, so you could manage the users via the service custom fields, but it would not solve issues with historical calls when the users change (apart from adding them manually of course).

I think Victor and i were looking at what is available to you right now, but yes also with Victor's suggestion you would still see the team in the drop down for assignment, albeit not be able to choose either of the team members if assignment was disabled.   

@Victor temporarily they are in the Health and Safety team to allow them to see these request, but as they are part of this team they can potentially view any other requests that Heath and Safety supports. We only want then to be able to see requests against the overseas travel service rather than also fire evacuation, accident reporting etc.

But Service supporting teams are only added per team, if this was changed to allow individuals then we could add these two users as supporting individuals.

If I put these two user accounts a team, then by default this appears allows people to assign requests to it, which we don't want. So wondered if a 'hidden' team could be created e.g. gives access to a service via supporting teams but it is invisible when logging or assigning requests.

Hope that makes some kind of sense

@Jeremy ok...sort of sense :D (but dw, that's just me)

So (let me know which of the below are right or wrong):

The users: Herbie and Bertie are Health and Safety workers but they only deal with Overseas Travel requests re Health and Safety?

The team: There is an H&S Team that supports a range of services? ...you also made Herbie and Bertie part of this team, temporarily...

I assume H&S Team supports a range of services... what services do this team supports that Herbie and Bertie should and should not access? Some examples...

Any reason they're not in their own team?

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

The users: Herbie and Bertie are Health and Safety workers but they only deal with Overseas Travel requests re Health and Safety?

no, they are insurance officers not part of the Health and Safety team at all. But should be able to view the Overseas Travel Requests.

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

The team: There is an H&S Team that supports a range of services? ...you also made Herbie and Bertie part of this team, temporarily...

correct

3 minutes ago, Victor said:

what services do this team supports that Herbie and Bertie should and should not access? Some examples...

Fire Evacuations, Accident Reporting, COSHH, PEEP

4 minutes ago, Victor said:

Any reason they're not in their own team?

They only use the system to view the Overseas Travel Requests and should 'ideally' not be able to see/do anything else.

@Jeremy ok...so... surely I'm missing something but, I'll try anyway...

if you have an Overseas Travel service why not have a dedicated team for Herbie and Bertie and have that team subscribed to this Overseas Travel service but not to the other services?

@Victor So Herbie and Bertie, work in the Insurance section and are only viewing these requests if there are issues raised or if there are certain conditions met e.g. travelling to a restricted country which is displayed in a custom field within the request view.

Herbie and Bertie are not assignees, cannot interact with the request (apart from Viewing them) and only need to view these Overseas Travel Requests.

@Jeremy have you considered tasks then if they are not actually "proper" owners of the request (unless they are and again, I missed something) ...

Also:

31 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

cannot interact with the request (apart from Viewing them)

Why do they need to view it if they can't interact?

Sorry for all these questions I am just trying to have a better understanding of the full scenario to think of possible solutions...

18 minutes ago, Victor said:

Why do they need to view it if they can't interact?

@Victor So these are Overseas Risk Assessments that staff complete before going abroad (cue laughing in current circumstances!!:lol:) the insurance officers (Herbie and Bertie) just need to be able to view what the customers have submitted e.g. which country they are visiting, risk levels, pdf reports (that have been submitted) etc.

Once submitted it the BPM adds their manager to the request as a connection and emails them so that they know to expect in relation to expenses etc and then closes the requests. The requests are just information gathering, the owner of these request is a user account that no-one has access too (hsautobot) so that even the main team don't see them in their 'normal view'. We have then created views to be able to see these submissions, so that we can highlight any travel issues that have been indicated.

I think that the viewing/ownership is a null point, as it is the team that they are in to able to see these that we want to be able to hide.

Ok, so, I'll start with the beginning...

Rupert the staff member travels to Colombia... dangerous country so he needs to fill in a Risk Assessment form, submit documents (?)... Rupert does this via a progressive capture flow that will raise a request when completed.

Do Herbie and Bertie actually look at this request after it was submitted? The automation you described kind of suggest they don't, the request simply acts as a repository for Rupert's assessment (correct me if I am wrong). In which case they won't normally (need to) see a list of such assessments...

If Rupert gets kidnapped by the narcos, when handling the event from insurance perspective (won't be cheap) do Herbie or Bertie need to look at the submitted assessment (the request) to check the various things?