URL on Dashboard

Alisha

Hello,

We'd like to add links to our Dashboards. Is this possible please? If not, please could we request this as an enhancement?

For example, adding URLs to open Boards from the Dashboard.

Many thanks,
Alisha

Hi @Alisha

If you mean the employee portal there is a links widget available which you can configure to redirect to other resources, such as the boards app:

image.png

This widget can contain multiple links, and are configured using the below options:

image.png

and an example would look like this:

image.png

Hi @Gerry

That was me, I thought Alisha meant the employee portal dashboard which can contain links out to other resources. 

Actually the question was about having links to things like Hornbill Board Manager from within an Advanced Analytics dashboard, which from my testing is not possible at the moment. External images can be added, but they are not clickable. 

Hi @Conor @Gerry @James Ainsworth,

Our Advanced Analytics dashboard currently shows information such as critical incidents, today's changes/releases, requests coming off hold, open requests, requests with third party, number of emails to process, etc. so it shows an overview of what's going on. We'd really like to be able to have links on there, especially to specific boards, so that everything is in one place.

Is that something we'd be able to achieve in the Employee Portal when we start configuring that?

Many thanks,
Alisha

Hi Alisha,

The Employee Portal will have a lot of great features and widgets to work with.  At this point we don't have an equivalent Management Information dashboard ability.   We are looking at new approaches and ways of providing MI.  We will provide more updates as we progress. 

I would be interested to understand how you currently display the Advanced Analytics Dashboard.  As you are talking about links, I'm assuming that your users are currently accessing this on their computers rather than viewing it on a large display.  

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth,

Yes, our analysts currently load a slideshow on their computers to view the dashboard. We find this easier as not everyone can see it on the larger display. Being able to access the dashboard on individual computers has also been especially useful while working from home.

Many thanks,
Alisha