Service Subscriptions

Jeremy

I am trying to add Service Subscriptions to our Services but they don't seem to filter down the sub-groups our set up is as follows:

University of Portsmouth - Company (parent of)
Professional Services - Division (parent of)
Finance - Department 

I have a user who is within the Finance Department and if you add the dept to the subscribers then the service etc shows on the Employee Portal, but with the Profesional Services or University level this does not filter down and give access.

image.png.3fd50be72f80e80f749fa73f7825dbfb.png

I hope that this makes sense... we also have this turned on (com.hornbill.servicemanager.services.subscriptions.allowSubgroupsInclusion)

Hi Jeremy,

Could you have a look at the ID on the Finance Organisation Group.  The ID will include the upstream  IDs.  In this example the parent has the ID of Ares.  These IDs needs to match the upstream items.  Just worth checking to make sure that the upstream relationships are correct.

image.png

Regards,

James

@Jeremy

On the basis of the name matching your screenshot showing the subscriptions then that should work, the upstream connection is there.

I presume there are other departments under ProfessionalServices other than Fiance and they cannot see the subscription that Finance can as they are in a top level defined organisation unit?

Did this used to work on the Service Portal?

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Jeremy,

I've spent some time trying to replicate your issue, but so far it is working for me.  Maybe select a particular user and view their organisation groups in Admin to get an idea of where they are a member.  Check that the Organisation Groups that they belong include the full ID in the Parent column and that this matched the ID as expected.  Also just need to go into both the Portsmouth University and the Professional Services organisation group records and make sure that these to match (UOP and UOP/ProfessionalServices)

image.png