BPMs erroring

We are experiencing errors on some of our BPMs with the following error is there anything that can be done?

image.png.2cadbef16089a7959a4e406a40acb517.png

I know that obviously, there is no actual need for this node...however it makes it the flow much easier to follow and these worked previously till the latest update (I think).

@Jeremy

Thanks for the question, you are right, recently we have been really tightening up the static design validation of the BPM workflows because it was too easy in some cases for someone to produce am incorrect workflow and then need support to solve the problems it subsequently caused. 

I can see from your screen why you are using the decision node, you are using it as a via just to keep the flow more visually clear.   Rather than us relaxing the design rules can I ask that you forego the aesthetic issue for now and remove the decision node, I appreciate that will make your workflow a little less readable, but what I will do in exchange is commit to looking at adding a new "Via" node type which will me more visually optimised to allow you to route those flow lines around the workflow diagram?  Is that ok?

The timeframes for getting that change will be aligned with current ongoing work so six-to-eight weeks is the sort of timeframe to expect for this.

Gerry

@Gerry thanks for the update and commitment for the via node, the issue is that a lot of our processes are currently broken as we cannot fix the live instances. Obviously we can update the ones that we know about and change for the future but the old requests that have them in are also failing and without being able to remove or adjust nodes (significantly) in the live BPM we are having to find work-arounds or just cancel requests as there are some that we cannot fix.

@Jeremy

ok I understand, ok leave it with me and I will see if we can do something to relax this rule for now on the front end.  So just to be clear, this relates to when you are trying to edit and fix and running, but failed workflow - is that correct?  [edit] and I assume it would be ok to keep this in place when you are editing your draft workflows?

Gerry

@Jeremy

Ok thanks for the clarification, I will check to see if we can relax it there for you, sorry about that, we simply were not expecting the BPM decision node to be used that way, and in some cases we know workflow break because of missing conditions on output paths from decision nodes so it seemed like a very sensible DRC to apply.  We probably cannot get that out until tomorrow now, as we need to build/test first.

Gerry