My Assets as widgets

Nikolaj

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Hornbill Support,

Is it possible that basic users can see their owned assets?

It would be very helpful for our basic users that they can view there owned assets in the employe portal.

thanks and regards

Nikolaj

Hi @James Ainsworth

Ok good to know. but in our case we are using "owned by" for persons who get this asset he is the owner of that and his department has to pay the bill. I thought something like this what we have under settings option for Service Mananger "My assets" but i found out that a normal Basic User don't have this. I thoink because of the Service Manager role? And in this view we can see all My Assets where I'm the owner.

Thanks and regards

Nikolaj

image.thumb.png.1ed580390422e50bd77333db1d5b8b7c.png

Hi Nikoja,

The list in your screen shot above is not restricted to assets that are owned.  It also includes assets that are used and shared.  You are right that this view is for Service Manager users rather than end users.  As a support person, you can visit a user's profile and see what assets they own, use, or assets that are shared with them.

As these assets are not owned by the users I would recommend using the Used By.  You can enable the Department field to set the department to help show where ownership is.  If ownership will always be with the department, and not an individual, you can hide the Owner field from the Asset Type.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth

Ok i understand. But what we need is a solution for our basic users that they can find a way to view their Assets doesn't matter if they owned or used or shared.

And we are using" owned" so far.

Is that possible in any way?

Thanks

Nikolaj

Hi Nikolaj,

We don't have an existing widget for the Employee Portal that shows assets but we have raised a change request for your requirement.  This hasn't be scheduled as of yet so I can't give you any time frames, but I'll be sure to post back here once it is underway.  

Regards,

James

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/2/2018 at 1:10 PM, P. Nordqvist said:

Hi, I guess you can consider this as a feature request for the service portal.

In SupportWorks Self-Service portal we are used to that our customers (co-workers) have the ability to view assets they are assigned as owner to.
Would it be possible to add this feature in service.hornbill.com/instancename as well?

Today it is only possible to add the "Asset Details"  (for some reason only 5 assets are shown) form in a progressive capture also for the co-workers, but it would be nice to have an additional link at the top of the page named "My Assets" where they can simply see the assets they are either owner or user of.

Cheers
Per

On 5/2/2018 at 11:19 PM, James Ainsworth said:

Hi Per,

There is some current functionality that provides this for full subscription users.   Assigned assets are visible on the user's profile.  It is likely that this will also made available as part of the portal at some point.  Nothing scheduled at the moment however we will look at having this in our backlog as planned work.

image.png

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning @James Ainsworth

We are going to change the portal for our basic user to the new employee portal but our Manager would like to see this feature from the beginning is there something in your planned work for this?

Thanks

Nikolaj

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1

is there a way to raise a request at the very least that will pull back the assets used by a user for them without them having to actually submit it?
If for example if I created a 'My assets' request offering where it puts in the customers name, can we then use the Data Query - Get assets by type to then populate a field with all users assets that is read only?

Can I put a expression in the filter assets box that will do this for me like I could for other systems?

Failing that could we create a request that will then generate a email with the customers assets and information in them? As I'm assuming there is still no update on the enhancement request for this over a year later?

Thanks

image.png.6c316f3847d8e53e14f8f3f34860ce65.png

• 2 years later...