Working from home

Hi all ! 

We have most of our staff working from home during the current situation, as I expect most organisations have. It seems our basic users are having issues accessing Service Desk from home via VPN. Is there any advice/solution on offer? Currently they are emailing or phoning with problems and this is causing the small team on site a bit of stress!

Thanks.

Hi Adrian and thanks for the reply.

I may have jumped the gun a little, most of the VPN users seem to have no issue, just a few who are asked to sign on via our ADFS service instead of getting straight to the portal as they would on site. Have advised them to use domain\user id plus password and seems ok.

• 5 months later...

I know it's been a while since this thread started but we are still getting complaints about SSO not working over VPN. I have been advising users to use their domain/id credentials which does work but it would be nice yo know if anyone else is having this issue and how it was resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

As Derek says it does not appear to be affecting all users but a number of different users each week are being directed the Corby Federation page and prompted to input their domain/id credentials rather than being taking through the single sign on.

I also note that we are having to manually add new users and Hornbill is no longer picking up user ID changes from AD. I have tried to enable 'auto provisioning' but get the attached error message

Hornbill error .pdf

For the issue with AD updates, please ensure you are using the latest version of the LDAP User Import Tool or Azure User Import Tool as appropriate, and if these need upgrading please review the LDAP or Azure documentation for any changes to how it is configured.

The error message you have provided states that you are attempting to use the same SAML entityID in two SSO Profiles that are linked to the same Realm - please review the documentation for Single Sign On and SSO Profiles and liaise with your Infrastructure team to rectify this.