Guest accounts on Customer Portal

Jeremy

@Jeremy

This is where the confusion comes in between internal and external Organisations, as both objects exist in the system. From the screenshot snippet you it looks like you created a internal organisation through the admin tool?

You need to create an external organisation through the user app, then you will be able to link the external contact to the one you create.

image.thumb.png.dcf11f0d619c415ee19e1a756d3a4165.png

Cheers

Martyn

@Jeremy there is a difference between companies (https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Organisation) which is your internal structure and organisations (https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Organizations) which is the structure for your external contacts. The names for the wiki links are not extremely helpful I know, both are in fact organisations but in a different context...

EDIT: for some reason I did not see Martyn's reply so apologies for the double post

• 2 weeks later...

So from what I have worked out from @Martyn Houghton and my own investigations:

• There is no documentation to support this area
  • If you set this to enable contacts to self-register, we are not notified of new accounts
  • We can enable contacts to set up their own accounts but default associated to a company so are not given the correct level of access they need
  • The templates that could overcome this cannot be linked to portal accounts
  • There seems to be no way of defining what their account username should be e.g. their email address

We are about to start using this portal for external customers to submit support tickets and to allow people to submit blogs to appear on our website, it seems that we have a lot of manual work ahead of us. I am about to start conversations internally to see if we can utilise the API to be able to notify us of these new user accounts and to be able to administer them separately, but this is something that we would like to avoid for all the obvious reasons.

I just wanted to check to see if any work was being undertaken and the timeframes before committing our time to this.

• Thanks 1

Also we have 'spotted' another issue, if we set up their account etc there is not an option to allow them to change their passwords on the portal themselves (despite having the option for allowing them to turned on).

Is this portal something that Hornbill are currently looking in to and addressing these concerns around functionality in the customer portal?

54 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Also we have 'spotted' another issue, if we set up their account etc there is not an option to allow them to change their passwords on the portal themselves (despite having the option for allowing them to turned on).

Is this portal something that Hornbill are currently looking in to and addressing these concerns around functionality in the customer portal?

@Jeremy

The Customer and Service Portal used a common code base, so whilst we have been waiting for Employee Portal the replacement for Service Portal to final emerge, the Customer Portal has been in limbo for a significant period of time. Recent enhancement request have been logged under the CRM/External Customer Service Support forum topic.

https://community.hornbill.com/forum/153-crm-external-customer-service-support/

On the presumption that you are not using SSO for the Customer Portal but the inbuilt Hornbill Customer authentication, then  you the users should be able to update the password via their profile.

image.png.e6f9ab2539486c3947e14b3fe30e84da.png

It could be a byproduct of enabling the undocumented options. We just have the password one ticked. 

image.png.42d606e8d78f9c893c1757a64f064be0.png

Cheers

Martyn