Guest accounts on Customer Portal

Jeremy

I am struggling to find much documentation on the customer portal, I am trying to set this up to allow users to create their own profiles but I'm not sure how this is done. I have managed to get to a point where the registration page appears but then when you try to create an account is says 'This portal does not allow self-service registration'.

We also have the Employee Portal set up with SSO, not sure if this is going to cause problems?

So further to this I have enable the customer portal and can get people to login, but the Services list does not appear on the page once logged in it just shows 'This section can be customised in the Admin Tool'.

I cannot get services to appear is it because we have the Employee Portal on and the redirections etc have been set to go to the Employee Portal and this over-rides the customer portal as well?

On 5/1/2020 at 10:45 AM, Jeremy said:

I cannot get services to appear is it because we have the Employee Portal on and the redirections etc have been set to go to the Employee Portal and this over-rides the customer portal as well?

@Jeremy unlikely as the employee portal and customer portal are two independent and separate entities...

Can you check the customer portal account if it has Hornbill Service Manager Authorised Guest role?

@Jeremy actually you haven't :)  ... but I wasn't very specific so here is a screenshot on how it needs to be set up:

image.png

EDIT: as you can see Authorised Role is a mandatory configuration (marked with red) and is not configured in your screenshot

@Victor I have now got the 'services' appearing. Is there an easy way to say that these accounts only have access to a specific service or form?

Or to change the services page to just be links to specific forms?

And can you turn off the scrolling banner for bulletins on the customer portal?

Just now, Jeremy said:

Is there an easy way to say that these accounts only have access to a specific service or form?

Or to change the services page to just be links to specific forms?

Sorry, I'm not following... I might have a special morning... :( 

@Victor So once logged in with an external account they 'see' all services, is there a way to restrict this easily? Or like the Employee Portal, rather than displaying the list of Services can there be a series of links to the forms that these people can access?

18 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

So once logged in with an external account they 'see' all services

They will only see the services they are subscribed to... if they are subscribed to all then ye, they will see all, the only way to manage what they see and access is via subscription

19 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Or like the Employee Portal, rather than displaying the list of Services can there be a series of links to the forms that these people can access?

On customer portal, to have access to the forms (which are catalog items) the customer woudl need to select the service first.

Customer portal and employee portal behave differently, at some point customer portal will be ported to the employee postal but we're not there yet :( 

@Victor is there a way to give access to service via roles? As that would be a great improvement for use due to the amount of users, depts etc it is not really feasible to add these all in manually. Using roles would make this so much easier and then you can customise roles to fit much better than departments etc

@Jeremy

The only subscription level control you have is either to subscribe the individual external contact or the external organisation.

Contact themselves can flag a service as a 'Favourite', so once one or more services are marked as a favourite then on the favourite services will be listed by default on login. They still have access to everything they are subscribed to via the 'All My Services'.

There is some discussion on the post below about improving the external customer data model to improve the granularity and grouping subscriptions/permissions.

Cheers

Martyn 

When external customers register for an account, we would to set it so that we 'approve' these accounts which I have found the settings etc.

But what I am struggling to find is how you (as a analyst) are notified that these accounts are waiting to be 'approved'? 

further to the last point, how do you add a Organisation as I have set one up but cannot select anything.

image.png.8397f4d11c07c50ef4964cdad413f461.png

Also I have set up a 'Guest Account Template' to put them in the right organisation, but I can't find where you link this to the customer portal accounts that are created?

@Jeremy

We are still awaiting documentation on the auto provisioning, as I do not believe there is any notification. You cannot even filter the list of guest accounts by status, you would have to do it by SQL/Report.

We manually manage the additions of our contacts with portal access rather than allowing then to self register.

Cheers

Martyn

@Jeremy

Are you attempting to setup one Organisation which all the contacts under that?

As an external support provider we have individual organisations for each. You just type the initial details to lookup the organisation and then select it.

image.png.245c77876d68953df60a35189358d526.png

Have you created the organisation first?

Cheers

Martyn