Giuseppe Iannacone

goDBassetImport and SCCM integration

we are succesfully using the open tool goDBassetImport and we are currently syncing some information from SCCM to Hornbill asset manager.
There's only one issue, if we select an asset to be as shared, the settings is overwritten when the next sync with sccm occurs.
How can be this avoid? is there the possibility to not overwrite the asset that are manually set to be shared?
thank you

immagine.png.42c6ede23178fa1dfab4a92608442be6.png

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone,

I have a couple of ideas for this, will need some changes to the import tool though, leave it with me and I'll get back to you.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone,

We've just released v1.10.0 of the Database Asset Import Tool, which can be downloaded from Github.

In the AssetTypes objects in the tool config, there's a new boolean property, PreserveShared. If this is set to false then the tool will function as the previous versions (will overwrite the Used By fields of assets, where appropriate). If it's set to true, then any assets it finds that are set to Shared will not have the Used By fields updated. 

image.png

Let me know how you get on with this.

Cheers,

Steve

@Steve G I forgot to add the dry-run option and now i have a lot of duplicate... beside the issue it self, why it is happening that we now have duplicate?

If I'm not wrong if the "h_serial_number" is matched it should updated the assed and not create a new one, right?

immagine.png.5ed3d187e686cfc327f8e55724fcf538.png

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone,

The code that works out if there's an asset to update hasn't actually changed... I've just tested it to be sure and it's finding and updating records as expected:

image.png

Is there anything useful in the import log to tell us what's happening? Are you sure the serial numbers in the asset records in Hornbill match those in the source data?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone,

Sure, if you send your log and config file to me I'll give them a once-over. I'll send you my email address in a personal message.

Thanks,

Steve