Chat App has started to fail?

lee mcdermott

Hi 

Are you aware of any issues with Chat it was working ok last week, but now seems really flaky.

Getting reports that analysts keep getting disconnected message when they are not disconnected and the messages have stopped showing when typing unless you refresh the page.

any ideas?

thanks

lee

@TrevorHarris

hI trevor this is from one analyst

I have experienced the glitch on 2 laptops.

Home laptop with Win10 + Chrome v80.0.3

NCC laptop on DA with Win10 + I.E. v11.1304

The issue is when accepting a new call. Nothing I type into the text box is displayed until I press refresh, then everything is displayed.

But when I press refresh a message appears and says I have left the conversation which I have not.

There has been a few calls this morning and the glitch is still there.

Phil and I were both working okay last week, it is only since Easter we have had the issue.

There has only been 2 or 3 people (analysts using it so far). Although one person didn't seem to be having any issues yesterday?

lee

@TrevorHarris

also How do i put enhancement requests through?

this is some feedback 

As well as the screen refresh glitch that needs re-patching and the addition of an sound notification for a new chat call it would improve the software if it had…

…One of those little boxes I have seen when online chatting to utility companies.

It displays info about the other party such as “other user typing” or “other person has left the conversation”.

Many of the calls taken have finished with hello? Are you still there?

If we knew what the other side was doing, it would make call handling more efficient.

@lee mcdermott

when you say that nothing I type into the textbox is displayed until I press refresh, do you mean that you can't see the text as you are typing in the textbox or that when you click send (or press enter) it doesn't appear in the chat message panel until you refresh.  Basically is the text not appearing in A or B in the screenshot below, and do you still recieve messages that the other person has sent?

image.png

Regarding you're other points, a typing notification should be displayed when the other person is typing I will check why that not available and will also check if a sound can played when a new chat is started

Thanks

Trevor

@TrevorHarris

this is from an analyst

In my experience the text does appear in box B as I type.

But nothing appears in box A until the screen is refreshed.

I see no messages from the caller until the page has been refreshed.

They do appear, but  only on a post refreshed screen.

The automatic printing of a line saying that I have left the conversation is the most damaging part.

Many callers see that and disconnect before I can explain it is a glitch.

@TrevorHarris

thanks trevor

i will try doing some extra testing here and let you know if we get anywhere.

Ive just tested on mine 2 separate devices..one as a end user and the other as an analysts and everything was working fine. ( i have applied the update also)

What do you think the possibility of the enhancement would be?

so adding a desktop notification feature as that is the one big downside to the Chat feature.

thanks

lee