Selecting users from a Data Query

Jeremy

I think that I have requested this previously but as we are now trying to use it more we are coming across issues.

So we are using the Dyanmic Drop down functionality in PCF to select other users, so the feild looks like this:
image.png.086c02a264998f5139eb68f72e8110b4.png

We can use this box to search for the user, but we have staff and students in this list and I have requested previously to have a way of defining this list e.g. by department or role etc. Our issue is that some users are both staff and students (as below) so when you search for people they appear twice, can there be an option to include the 'User ID or Logon ID' or Email address so that we know which account is which?
image.png.42f0ab5bd3f3ebeacedc766f04b68842.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ehsan

Hi @Jeremy,

We've made been discussing this internally this past week. We had initially found a solution to show the user's Id within the display text but we soon noticed that this needs to be reflected in the Questions section too, as the information may be used to make decisions further down the line. We'll get back to you as soon as we've made more progress on this, I hope to give you an update at some point next week.

Ehsan

@Ehsan why do you need their username in the questions? As surely you already have this when you 'get pcf answers' the raw data is their username and the display details is their name (or the other way around) we already use this to add connections, send emails and include their name in descriptions etc.

Guest Ehsan

@Jeremy That may well be the case if you're not using the Questions section to work out the actions that follow on and as you say, the decision is being made through the BPM, but we're also considering another example that has been brought to our attention in a HR environment where the agent who's dealing with a case would rely on the information in the Questions section to determine the next manual step.

Guest Ehsan

@Jeremy We'll introduce a new data provider, as below. This has now been implemented and subject to testing, this enhancement will be available soon. We hope to make this available between 18th May and 26th May - I will let you know as soon as I've planned the release schedule.

image.png

Ehsan

• 4 weeks later...