Web App Issues

Michael Sharp

Hi all,

Few issues with the web app for iOS for us and sorry if this should have been broken down into separate topics!

• Wiki markup not being obeyed for text boxes.  The font looks quite big and hex colours are not being displayed
  • Custom colours for service catalog item icons are not being obeyed
  • When tapping on a request, this opens in Safari and not in the custom web app we've deployed.  Further to this, it returns "Page Not Found".  When you then return to the web app (also called "Untitled", can this be changed?), the option to select the "Requests" menu is not available
  • I think pressing the back button should just go up a level as with other commercial apps.  This app seems to trail back through every request and page you've had open before so makes it hard to get to the homepage.
  • Is the homepage logon screen customisable?  I've currently got the Hornbill Service Portal logon page?

Other than all that, I think you've done a great job at optimising the app for mobile - very simple and familiar to end users.

Mike.

Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 00.08.26.png

JMW IT Helpdesk Portal.png

JMW IT Helpdesk Portal.png

Hi @Michael Sharp,

First, I wanted to say that customer's feedback is the most valuable, so thank you for that.

To the answers...

• Wiki markup not being obeyed for text boxes.  The font looks quite big and hex colours are not being displayed
    • It's currently supported by the desktop app but not mobile. Will be in the next mobile build.
  • Custom colours for service catalog item icons are not being obeyed
    • It's currently supported by the desktop app but not mobile. Will be in the next mobile build.
  • When tapping on a request, this opens in Safari and not in the custom web app we've deployed.  Further to this, it returns "Page Not Found".  When you then return to the web app (also called "Untitled", can this be changed?), the option to select the "Requests" menu is not available
    • We were not able to re-create this but have an idea what can that be. It might be an iOS problem. We made a change and it will be in our next build. 
  • I think pressing the back button should just go up a level as with other commercial apps.  This app seems to trail back through every request and page you've had open before so makes it hard to get to the homepage.
    • True, it currently goes to the previous page. Is not that simple to go back to where you want because you can get for example to a request from different places. From the home search page, from a domain search page, from the service view, etc...
  • Is the homepage logon screen customisable?  I've currently got the Hornbill Service Portal logon page?
    • Is not yet, but we have that bit in our plans.

Regards,

Daniel.

• 2 weeks later...

@Daniel Dekel the new version (133) now appears to have resolved the majority of these issues.  I've got quite used to the back button now so don't think that's so much an issue. 

Outstanding though the wiki markup on the text box still appears to be an issue in regards to the colours.  I do still believe also the text is quite large in the app and does not match the ratio of the desktop site as in the attached pictures?  Please can these screenshots be hidden from public view or deleted once noted?

Further to this, we have also tested a mass deployment to devices via Microsoft InTune MDM with SSO enabled if you want to take some configuration screenshots for your wiki guides?

[ 2 images deleted by Daniel Dekel - for privacy purposes ]

Hi @Michael Sharp,

Thank you very much for the offer regarding sharing the InTune config. That would be great if you can do it ;-)

Regarding the colour, I can't see a problem. Even the screenshots you've sent look ok regarding the colour. 
The size yes, is too big. It will improve in our next build.

Thanks again,

Daniel.

4 minutes ago, Daniel Dekel said:

Hi @Michael Sharp,

Thank you very much for the offer regarding sharing the InTune config. That would be great if you can do it ;-)

Regarding the colour, I can't see a problem. Even the screenshots you've sent look ok regarding the colour. 
The size yes, is too big. It will improve in our next build.

Thanks again,

Daniel.

Hi @Daniel Dekel if you notice, the colours are black and not the navy that we have employed on the desktop version?  This colour difference is also apparent on the status widget on the mobile web app.

Mike.

@Michael Sharp I am not seeing the issue with the request.

On the mobile, the Requests option is called Request list on the menu control at the bottom of the service view - are you not seeing this?  

The colour of the catalog items on the service view is controlled by the Links colour set in the Body settings of the configure the employee portal settings, but i can see that the colour set here is not applied on the mobile, as it is on the full employee portal.

@Steven Boardman I'm not seeing this I'm afraid.  The app seems to have reverted to it's previous state as per my initial query on April 8th.  

My service icons are blue with red text on the desktop portal but all pink (also as per my original screenshot) on the mobile app.

Regards,

Mike.

@Michael Sharp could you share images of the different behaviour please?  I am not clear if this relates to the services widget, or the request items on individual services view?  Could you share the differences on the mobile and full employee portal and the body colour settings from the admin tool for the employee portal?

image.png

• 3 weeks later...

@Steven Boardman @Daniel Dekel has there been any progress on this?  Also, I've found that the "request list" is not visible in the app unless you have a request open/on hold?  As a consequence, you cannot view closed requests?

Other issues outstanding:

• Service icon colours do not match the desktop version (screenshot previously provided)
  • Request list colours are not the same as the desktop version (screenshot previously provided)
  • Me too button no longer goes green when clicked (this made it clearer that a user had registered their issue) on known issues
  • Text on text widgets is a lot bigger in ratio on the app than the desktop (screenshot previously provided)

Regards,

Mike.

@Michael Sharp there is an update which is almost ready which will address:

* Colour issues

* Amends to the differences in text ratios.   

Hopefully this will be available shortly. 

Regarding the request list not appearing if no active requests exist, i can't replicate on the full or mobile versions - could i ask you to start a new post on this one with some screen shots to help  us?

On the Me Too not being green, are you referring to the mobile or full employee portal?  

2 hours ago, Steven Boardman said:

@Michael Sharp there is an update which is almost ready which will address:

* Colour issues

* Amends to the differences in text ratios.   

Hopefully this will be available shortly. 

Regarding the request list not appearing if no active requests exist, i can't replicate on the full or mobile versions - could i ask you to start a new post on this one with some screen shots to help  us?

On the Me Too not being green, are you referring to the mobile or full employee portal?  

@Steven Boardman apologies will raise a couple of new posts for the further issues

On 5/5/2020 at 11:05 AM, Michael Sharp said:

Also I preferred the request list to look as it does in the mobile app with the combination of pink/blue - this used to be the case on the desktop app which is now completely blue?  

image.png.0b8fc3951ee3bfc8187af6c343e5ec4c.png

311517306_JMWITHelpdeskPortal.thumb.png.f893cfb2f42c37cd64f4e2bbeb8f6754.png

@Daniel Dekel thank you so much - looks to have resolved all of the display issues! 

The request list is now completely blue which matches the desktop version but was hoping instead the desktop version would revert as to the above? :-(

Not an issue I would push to pursue but would have been a preference. 

Regards,

Mike. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Michael Sharp,

Sorry for the delay. There were some problems in mobile and in the desktop and we had to make adaptations where it made sense. 

The colours are correctly reflecting the configuration in the Employee Portal generically across all the widgets including the service view.

I can imagine you had some areas you wanted as in the mobile and some as in the desktop, but we had to make the proper solutions and that might not  work exactly as you expected.

I think still there can be improvements in the actual requests list and I'll speak to the Service Manager team to see if improvements there can be made.

Regards,

Daniel.

Point to note @Daniel Dekel the colours don't match between the requests widget and the request list within each service.  Also I'm not averse to either the mono or multi coloured requests view provided it's consistent :-)

I otherwise think the updates should be displayed by default but limited to X number of posts to save on data (and presented only when scrolled through) to make mobile access more efficient.

Regards,

Mike.

Guest Ehsan

@Michael Sharp,

This is still on our list to be looked at, I am assure you that this has not been forgotten. Earlier investigations proved that in order to address the colour discrepancies, we may need to change the make up of the Widget and Requests list. At this stage, we're still considering our options so please bear with us. We'll provide you an update as soon as we have made any progress.

Guest Ehsan

@Michael Sharp,

Could you please provide me with a screenshot of the configuration in Admin Tool > System > Manage Portals > Manage Employee Portal > Body tab? This would help me understand and recreate the discrepancies that you've highlighted in your previous comments.

Sorry you may have repeated this in previous comments but multiple issues are discussed in this thread, so I just wanted to confirm that we're referring to the Employee Portal Mobile and the Requests list section in the Service view (The image on the left in the screenshot below) vs Requests widget on the home page (The image on the right in the screenshot below).

image.png