System Monitor Sessions

Nikolaj

Hello support Team @supportguy @SupportAccount

I have some questions regarding System Monitor Sessions but i cannot find something on your wiki. 

1. Question Why have my Users more then 1 sessions there? 

2. And some of these sessions are created for a long time but it looks like they are still active? and in the same time they have also new sessions?

Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks

Nikolaj

image.thumb.png.26f58ffbae445e13c5cae578b22893a3.png

Hi Nikolaj,

10 hours ago, Nikolaj said:

Question Why have my Users more then 1 sessions there? 

• Using multiple browsers can result in a user having multiple active sessions
  • Using Hornbill Mobile app will create another session
  • Using Incognito mode in Chrome (or similar in other browsers) can create additional sessions
  • Logging in from multiple computers

10 hours ago, Nikolaj said:

And some of these sessions are created for a long time but it looks like they are still active? and in the same time they have also new sessions?

• If a user does not Logout from Hornbill, a session can remain active for a period of time, determined by a session timout setting
  • New sessions may be created by the above list of reasons.

Timeout settings for Basic Users and standard Users are

image.png

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

@James Ainsworth Thank you very much for your explanantion. Yes it helps. Are there any problems when users are working with 2 browsers in the same time for example? or if sessions are longer active i would say a week or so? What are your recommendations.

Our settings are 900h for Basic and 24h for Users but i can see that a session for User is longer active? Is it not closing automatically?

image.thumb.png.949f43704f5bf475a58c6fcab371b31a.png

image.png.673a003e4e7fdf7df39cd64ac2a6d47b.png

Thanks and regards

Nikolaj

9 hours ago, Nikolaj said:

Are there any problems when users are working with 2 browsers in the same time

Absolutely no problem at all.  

9 hours ago, Nikolaj said:

or if sessions are longer active i would say a week or so? What are your recommendations.

It is very possible that a session is active for more than 8 hours if they continue to login and check Hornbill.  It is 8 hours of inactivity when it drops the session.  So if you connect before your 8 hours are up, it would restart the inactivity check back to 8 hours.