Wiki Markup in Description Help!

Michael Sharp

Hi,

I want to be able to use the home page top panel to display our contact details but want to do so in a clean fashion.  Currently, it is a single line entry panel and I've been unable to resolve despite best efforts with my limited wiki knowledge.  Ideally I want it to look like:

T: **** *** ****  |  E: *********@****.co.uk

Operating Hours:

Critical Support: 

See below my failed attempt!!

image.png.f6459fa44f9491dcff9d00cc7de72d7b.png

Hi @Michael Sharp,

The description of the page is not designed to display multiple lines, that's why in the page designer you only have a single line input.

What I suggest is adding a Text widget to the top of the page and write there the contact details. To make it look nicer you can style it and remove the header and make it stand out by changing the background if you want.

Now, I've seen a problem with the widgets that are smaller in height (like the search) if you move it to 2nd position it will be taller than it should be and it is not that nice.
We've fixed this for the next build. Probably next Monday.

Daniel.

23 minutes ago, Steven Boardman said:

@Michael Sharp Something like this, using a Text Widget with wiki markup and multiline support

image.png

As Daniel says, there is an issue with how the Search widget will look when it is the second widget on a page, but this will be addressed early next week.   

Works a treat thanks @Daniel Dekel and @Steven Boardman - is there a way to remove the title for the page?  Want to avoid using up too much of the screen!

Hi @Michael Sharp,

First... you can decrease the height of the header, but you can't hide it. you do it in the Admin Tool, at the header tab in the Manage Employee Portal

image.png

If you look at the examples of the wiki, you will be able to change the font colour like this:

<span style="color:red;">font formatting such as color and font type</span>

And make a link like this:

[[http://forums.hornbill.com/|Hornbill Community]]

You can find the entire documentation for the wiki is in our wiki :D https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Wiki_Markup

Hope it helps.

Daniel.

Can you show me what do you mean by larger font?

This is the result after testing with the following wiki text:

image.png

* Contact info:
* ''One''
* '''Two'''
* [[mailto:test@hornbill.com | test@hornbill.com]]
* <span style="color:red;">font colour</span>
* [[mailto:test@hornbill.com | <span style="color:red;">test@hornbill.com</span>]]

@Michael Sharp,

I can't replicate that. Can you please send me the markup? you can remove the real data if you want.

This is what I get with the following code:

image.png

<span style="color:red;">'''T:'''</span> 123456 '''|''' <span style="color:red;">'''E:'''</span> [[mailto:test@hornbill.com | test@hornbill.com]]

Is all using the same font size (12px)

Daniel.

@Daniel Dekel see below

<span style="color:red;">'''T:'''</span> 0000 000 0000  '''|  <span style="color:red;">E:'''</span> [[mailto:IT@hornbill.com | IT@hornbill.com]]
'''Operating Hours:'''  (excluding weekends and bank holidays)
'''Extended Critical Support:'''  (excluding weekends and bank holidays)

@Michael Sharp,

The Bold closing ('''') is in the wrong place next to the E. If you see, it opens before the | and closes after the E:

The correct code is:

<span style="color:red;">'''T:'''</span> 0000 000 0000  '''| ''' <span style="color:red;">'''E:'''</span> [[mailto:IT@hornbill.com | IT@hornbill.com]]

Regards,

Daniel.

3 minutes ago, Daniel Dekel said:

@Michael Sharp, no problem ;-)

Definitely you can use your own colours. If you are familiar with Hex colours or RGB you can use that format.

For example instead of red you can use for white #FFFFFF or black #000000

A bit more here: https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp

Regards,

Daniel.

Seems to come back as the default text colour?  Have tried with or without the hashes?

<span style="color:D40048;">'''T:'''</span> 0000 000 0000  '''| ''' <span style="color:D40048;">'''E:'''</span> [[mailto:IT@hornbill.co.uk | IT@hornbill.co.uk]]
'''Operating Hours:''' 0800:18:00 (excluding weekends and bank holidays)
'''Extended Critical Support:''' 0800:18:00 (excluding weekends and bank holidays)