Sites Page - Members

Will J Douglas

Hi,

I've just discovered the sites page and the ability to add members such as Site Managers and Engineers etc.

image.png.773d6cccbfc8e1dfbf296d266e8e1609.png

I can see some real benefits here for me as we manage property maintenance at the site level.

Currently the set up is a bit too restrictive however.

1.  Only seem to be able to add 1 Engineer.   We have 2-5 depending on the site.

2.  Site Manager, Regional Manager, Areas are required to be Collaboration users - our site managers (hotel managers) are basic users, not collaboration users. 

I am looking to use the Engineer member to streamline request allocations in the business process.

I'm looking to use the Site Manager. Regional Manager for escalation comms - i think I can work around this by putting a distribution list against a site custom fieled instead.

Are there any plans to extend out this functionality or make it more customizable?

Regards,

Will.

Hi Will,

Thanks for your post and great to see that you have found and using the new Sites features. 

12 hours ago, Will J Douglas said:

Only seem to be able to add 1 Engineer.   We have 2-5 depending on the site.

I believe that the original idea was that a single Lead Engineer would be added as a main contact point, but I can see that having multiple engineers for a site would be beneficial.  I'll feed this back to the development teams. 

Site Manager, Regional Manager, Areas are required to be Collaboration users

These member types were the types of users that we saw as people that would want to have access or a view of the details around a site.  Without a collaboration license, these people would not have this access or visibility.  I'm not sure what benefit there would be to adding a person that can't access this information, other than the automation that you mention. 

Are there any plans to extend out this functionality or make it more customizable?

There are plans.  Hornbill is a continually evolving solution.  We take feedback, like the one that you have provided, and work this into our solutions over time.  Thanks for letting us know your ideas and how you are looking to use this particular feature.  

Regards,

James

@Will J Douglas the following wiki page details what is currently possible with the sites view https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Site_View including the Nearby tab and interactive map which is only visible once the sites long and lat values are set. 

The member roles of a site, are a translation string, so you could re-purpose the display values of the other member fields, and record up to 4 engineer's values.

Using the Request > Get Request Information > Request Details option in the process desinger, will allow you to look up who the members are, and return their userid - with this you can use options to assign requests / tasks or email or if you then use an option to look up a users details you could also access their mobile details / line manager etc if you wanted to perform other actions on their or a manger of their's.   

As James has mentioned, these users will have to be of the type User not Basic