Create requests from spreadsheet

chrisnutt

Hi All,

Hope you're all well and safe in these unusual times.

I'm looking at improving our leaver process in Hornbill right now. We get a daily report from HR detailing leavers. Currently, this gets logged as a ticket and then a very manual process of logging each leaver begins. I was wondering if there is a way to import the details from the spreadsheet to create a request for each row, mapping certain columns to Service Manager fields. I had a look at the Wiki but couldn't find anything. If not, are there any suggestions on how to handle this?

Thanks

Chris

Hi @chrisnutt,

You could always use the Service Manager Request Import Utility to do this :) It's a tool that we wrote that allows you to log requests in Service Manager from an external data source - which could be a CSV or Excel Spreadsheet via an ODBC connection. There are example configuration files in the release archives, and on the Github repository.

Cheers,

Steve

Could there not be an IT Service that provides a Request Catalog Item for leavers that the HR staff have access to where they can raise a request via portal for each leaver? With a progressive capture script asking the questions you need answered to proceed, you should be able to automate a lot of the process once the ticket is raised.

12 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Could there not be an IT Service that provides a Request Catalog Item for leavers that the HR staff have access to where they can raise a request via portal for each leaver? With a progressive capture script asking the questions you need answered to proceed, you should be able to automate a lot of the process once the ticket is raised.

Hi James,

We've been down that road and the answer is, apparently not.

Chris

On 3/27/2020 at 3:49 PM, Steve G said:

Hi @chrisnutt,

You could always use the Service Manager Request Import Utility to do this :) It's a tool that we wrote that allows you to log requests in Service Manager from an external data source - which could be a CSV or Excel Spreadsheet via an ODBC connection. There are example configuration files in the release archives, and on the Github repository.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks, I'l look into this!