Email Notification Errors in mailbox

Guest Paul Alexander
Message added by Victor

The issue has now been fixed. RCA is now complete and information posted.

Please don't forget to follow https://status.hornbill.com/.

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi 

we've got a lot of emails in our inbox saying:

Hornbill ESP POP3 delete failure

I can't see that they've caused any actual problems, but could they be looked at please? They're all in our IT Support mailbox (none of our other mailboxes seem to be affected) and this started at 00:22 this morning

thanks

Hi i had another thread open for this issue but its been closed and linked to this. We have the same issue - Is their anything i need to do on my end or provide you with any information ?

Guest Paul Alexander

I've now lost connection to Hornbill completely (I'm assuming it's all part of the same problem?) 

Thank you

@all

Some instances are fixed, some are still affected. We are working as fast as we can to restore the service everywhere. I am really sorry for this but unfortunately we need to fix each instance individually so some will be restored sooner and some a with a slight delay. But I assure you we are working as fast as we can. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Paul Alexander

HI @Victor

Ours is now back up, but (once you've sorted everyone else out) can you let us know how to decipher WHICH emails were affected please and what we can do about them? I'm assuming it's the same problem, but we've got daily checks requests which are auto-logged from emails which haven't come through this morning.

thank you....

@all

The status page was updated as we are deploying a fix on all instances. The fix was/is deployed on an instance by instance basis so full service should be restored on all instances one by one. Deploying the fix is quite quick so I would expect all instances to be fully operational in the next 20 min. If you still experience issues after this please let me know.

The fix does not apply retroactively so if you have workflows in a suspend state or emails that were not processed we will have to look at this individually.

• Thanks 1

Guest Paul Alexander
58 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

HI @Victor

Ours is now back up, but (once you've sorted everyone else out) can you let us know how to decipher WHICH emails were affected please and what we can do about them? I'm assuming it's the same problem, but we've got daily checks requests which are auto-logged from emails which haven't come through this morning.

thank you....

I have checked and, now that the instance is back up and running, all of the 'daily checks' requests HAVE been successfully created, so I'm happy that this particular problem is fixed for us. Thanks @Victor