IT Automation node error

Hi @AndyGilly

Looks like you may not have installed the Powershell module for Active Directory Web Services.  you can check this by running the following on the SIS server from within the Powershell CLI:

Get-Module -List

This will list all the  modules and you should see Active Directory in the output, if this is not the case then you can add it by entering:

Add-WindowsFeature RSAT-AD-Powershell

There are details of these requirements within the Package documentation that you may already be aware of, these details are mentioned in Target Environment Details section with a link for further details:

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Active_Directory_Group_Management

The Full list of Package Documentation can be found here: 

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/ITOM_Package_Library

• 2 weeks later...

@AndyGilly We have identified an issue with the SIS Service when attempting to impersonate the account provided by the  Admin Context, configured when creating a IT Automation Job.  Our development team have now been able to replicate this issue, and are currently investigating the root cause.

A workaround has been identified that involves using the account that is currently provided via the Hornbill KeySafe for the Admin Context to be used as the Log On Account for the EspSisService.  This can be set via the Services MMC (services.msc):

image.png.7dfc0fb40fb3735b927e220f5baa6cdb.png

Applying  directly to the service no longer requires for the Admin or RunAs Context to be set whe configuring the IT Automation Job.  This should allow you to continue with configuring and testing ITOM package deployment, and we will keep you informed of progress made with this issue.

Regards

Ricky  

Hi @AndyGilly,

Sorry for the delay, only just noticed the post. It looks like there is an issue with the Scheduled Job configuration which I believe has been raised with the development  team who are looking into the issue.  I will discuss the progress with resolving this issue, and get back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Ricky

HI @AndyGilly

Have not had anything back from development as yet, but will be discussing this with  them this morning so should have some further information for you today, and will get back to you asap with some further details.

Regards,

Ricky

• Like 1

HI @AndyGilly

We have found and corrected the issue that you have  been experiencing when attempting to configure a IT Automation Job within the Scheduled Jobs and via a BPM process.  This and a number of other issues are now being put through testing before being released to the live stream.  I will let you know as soon as I am able when these are available for live usage.

Regards

Ricky

• Like 1

Hi Andy, 

if the log On Account for the EspSisService (the workaround to the impersonation issue mentioned previously) is still configured, then you shouldn't need to specify the Admin or RunAs Context to be set when configuring the IT Automation node.

I believe the impersonation issue is something that development still need to get to the bottom of.

Thanks,
Dan

• 3 years later...

Hi, jumping on an old thread I know, but I'm also trying to add a user to a group which is managed in our on premise AD. I've checked the job queue and it looks fine, all executes okay but it fails every time as it can't find the customer. I've tried the Customer ID, Logon ID and even primary email address but none of them work. The process runs fine and the job closes as if it's all been completed but the user doesn't get added to the group and the details of the job says it failed. I must be using the wrong variable but in the Get Customer Info section, there aren't many options to choose from that relate to ID. Please could someone point me in the right direction? One thing to mention, I need to double check this but our user import may have been from Azure AD and not the on premise AD, if so, would that have an impact on this? Thanks! Tagging a few people who commented on this thread for attention, hope that's okay! @AndyGilly @Ricky @Steve G 

• 1 month later...

Hi @Ricky, it's not a problem thanks. I ended up opening a new thread for my specific issue (link below). I do still need help with getting the automation working as I think it would be useful for us, but I've scrapped that part of this particular process for now as other things took priority. It's something to do with the username@domainname.com - our on premise AD needs just the user name and not the @domainname.com bit.