Changing a Customers Login ID

Hi All

We have had some of our Customers change their name on our AD, but this is currently not updating onto Hornbill, so these Customers are having issues accessing the Service Portal with SSO as the details do not match with their new AD desktop logon details.

So, I think we need to change our LDAP upload to change this as it is not currently setup to update Customers details when they change their name for the login. The email, and Handle etc are all updating to the new value, just the User ID / Login ID are still showing the old value. I wanted to make sure that if we set the LDAP to update these details that this would not create any issues for the Customer, and that it would all still link through to their requests etc raised under the old name. Also, from looking at the LDAP configuration setup, there does not appear to be an area where we can update the Login ID, is this Automatically updated if we update the User ID?

I have included a screenshot of what we currently see on an updated account below - Ian's AD logon is now ian.tomassi, but Hornbill still showing the old AD logon ianm.tomassi

Many thanks !

ChangeName.thumb.png.c54bc4e13503a783b93e46dee555ac90.png

Hi Victor,

Ah sorry I was not specific - my bad! what I actually meant to ask is I could not see anywhere in the User Options Tab to update the Login ID, so I presume it would just be a case of updating the Login ID field in the User Account tab?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Adrian Simpkins said:

what I actually meant to ask is I could not see anywhere in the User Options Tab to update the Login ID

User account information (e.g. Login ID) won't be in User Options... this tab is for... well... options :) ... 

"The "User Options" tab is where the ancillary user associations are managed e.g Manager, Site, Role, and Group associations." (
https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/LDAP_User_Import)

1 hour ago, Adrian Simpkins said:

I presume it would just be a case of updating the Login ID field in the User Account tab?

Yes. If you want the import tool to perform actions on user data, the User Account tab is where you do this. In addition you also have User Profile tab for extended user data.

On a side note, good thing obfuscation the email domain in the screenshot not so good that the name (alongside site and job title) is still there... unless is a test name :)