Home System / Organisational Data / Users

Issue: a user in  Home System / Organisational Data / Users the user id was incorrect so i deleted this. 

In AD its has the correct username normally it pulls through to hornbil. 

I deleted the user with the incorrect ID within Hornbill - i dont want to manually create the user as its single sign on and should auto create when AD is created.

Can someone advise how i will resolve this issue? 

10 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi Shamaila,

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is.  If your users in Hornbill are automatically imported from Active Directory on a schedule, the the missing Hornbill User should be created on the next import.

Are you getting any errors?

James

I think an import is scheduled within Hornbill - Can you advise where i check if it is within Hornbill please ?

The LDAP User Import Tool is configured within Hornbill but the application itself is run externally - this is documented here.

The configuration will be found under Home --> System --> Data --> Data Import Configurations in the Admin Tool, but the setup of the LDAP User Import Tool app will have been done by yourselves.

• 8 months later...
On 3/5/2020 at 11:34 AM, Shamaila said:

Issue: a user in  Home System / Organisational Data / Users the user id was incorrect so i deleted this. 

In AD its has the correct username normally it pulls through to hornbil. 

I deleted the user with the incorrect ID within Hornbill - i dont want to manually create the user as its single sign on and should auto create when AD is created.

Can someone advise how i will resolve this issue? 

@Steve Giller and @James Ainsworth Please can you help. Our AD link has stopped updating in Honrbill. Our infra team are saying this is something managed by yourself? 
In here we have nothing setup - Home --> System --> Data --> Data Import Configurations
We have no scheduled tasks setup on any domain controllers for this, all my records from searching old emails show we gave them our public IP to connect to LDAP back in 2015. The current IP for this is XXXX (If you need this i can email it you not sure you want me to paste it here?) 

@Shamaila  The IP would be of little use to us, we do not manage the import from the Hornbill side.

If you have nothing in Home --> System --> Data --> Data Import Configurations then it is possible you are using a very old version of the LDAP Import Tool, which would explain why it no longer works.

Your Infrastructure team will need to liaise with your Hornbill admins, using the documentation linked above, to set up the most recent version of the LDAP Import Tool and configure it for your AD setup.

If you required additional assistance with this you would need to engage with our Expert Services team.

38 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

@Shamaila  The IP would be of little use to us, we do not manage the import from the Hornbill side.

If you have nothing in Home --> System --> Data --> Data Import Configurations then it is possible you are using a very old version of the LDAP Import Tool, which would explain why it no longer works.

Your Infrastructure team will need to liaise with your Hornbill admins, using the documentation linked above, to set up the most recent version of the LDAP Import Tool and configure it for your AD setup.

If you required additional assistance with this you would need to engage with our Expert Services team.

@Steve G @James Ainsworth Can you advise what other methods you support? An API and azure AD would be preferred option? Thoughts? Guides?

59 minutes ago, Shamaila said:

Can you advise what other methods you support?

Hi Shamaila,

You should be able to refer to Steve G's previous comment that includes instructions on how to use the LDAP Import Tool.  This is a stand-alone app that will be running on a system within your environment.  This is the preferred option.  There are ways that could users could be created though API, but this wouldn't be something that we have provided or created for you. 

If the updates from AD have stopped, then it may be that the scheduled task is no longer running, the LDAP app has been uninstalled, or a change in authentication on either AD or in Hornbill has changed, or an old version is running that needs to be update.

The starting point needs to be identifying where the LDAP Import Tool is or was running.    

3 hours ago, Shamaila said:

An API and azure AD would be preferred option? Thoughts? Guides?

Azure AD is a very different beast to AD - now you've mentioned that it adds another possibility, that the AD import stopped working because you migrated to Azure AD. Or, if you have been on Azure AD since you started using Hornbill, the same could apply - you haven't updated the Azure User Import Tool which can stop working due to updates to Azure AD itself.

If you are using Azure AD rather than AD you will still need your Hornbill Admins and Infrastructure team to liaise, but using the Azure tool rather than the AD one.

18 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi Shamaila,

You should be able to refer to Steve G's previous comment that includes instructions on how to use the LDAP Import Tool.  This is a stand-alone app that will be running on a system within your environment.  This is the preferred option.  There are ways that could users could be created though API, but this wouldn't be something that we have provided or created for you. 

If the updates from AD have stopped, then it may be that the scheduled task is no longer running, the LDAP app has been uninstalled, or a change in authentication on either AD or in Hornbill has changed, or an old version is running that needs to be update.

The starting point needs to be identifying where the LDAP Import Tool is or was running.    

@Steve G @James Ainsworth Thank you for all these pointers. We are hoping to script this into a powershowell scrip using one of your modules. Do you have any examples of how to do this import via Powershell any pointers?

I'm not sure what you'd be trying to achieve with a PowerShell integration here, and adding Users via PowerShell/API would not really be a suitable topic for the Servicer Manager forum.

May I suggest that if you're not intending to use the Azure or LDAP Import Tools that you start a new topic under the Integration Connectors, API & Webhooks forum, with a reasonably detailed explanation of what you're trying to achieve?