Including Documents in a Progressive Capture

lomixture

Good morning all

I was wondering if there is a way to include a document for download/printing into a progressive capture? I'm aware we could link it to a document saved on the internet/pdf but didn't know if there was a form of sorts we could use.

This would be for when faults are logged - a document would 'generate' allowing individuals to print this off and stick on the fault to stop multi logging of the same issue. We would like to avoid emailing the document to them post logging, to save added pressure on our email system.

Thanks in advance

cc. @Gemma Morrison

Hi @lokent

We don't have an "automatical popup/download/generate" type option for documents (other than actually creating a specific part of the Progressive Capture for them). 

What you could do is save the document in Document Manager and then link to it in Progressive Capture. You can use a mix of labels, questions, prompts and functionality to ensure it's been attached and they are aware of what they need to do, for example:

image.png

Other than the document auto opening, is there anything more that would be required here? I'm conscious I may have misunderstood the process/requirement!

Kind Regards

Bob

• Like 1

The aim of the document would be for individuals to print it, and affix it to the reported fault, to try and eliminate others logging the same fault.

Whilst we'd struggle to make it mandatory, it would be great to have that option there to hopefully lead people to being good members of staff!

@lokent ah ok, understood. 

Unfortunately the Link option is the only thing I can offer at the moment - if its PDF, or Word, storing it in Hornbills Document Manager should mean that clicking on it would immediately download the document to the users desktop. But there isn't currently a way to have this open automatically as soon as you hit that Progressive Capture form. 

Kind Regards

Bob

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2020 at 1:47 PM, lokent said:

The aim of the document would be for individuals to print it, and affix it to the reported fault, to try and eliminate others logging the same fault.

Whilst we'd struggle to make it mandatory, it would be great to have that option there to hopefully lead people to being good members of staff!

@lokent perhaps add an "attach" stage in your PC to request the form and make that mandatory? 

Regards,

Mike.