Users can't see graphics in FAQ's

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi

We've upgraded to the latest updated but we're having problems with users not being able to see images in FAQ's 

We don't remember seeing this problem before we updated though...which is weird!! 

thanks

Guest Mohamed

Hi @Paul Alexander

Our team weren't able to initially replicate the issue
Whereabouts are you having the issue with the images? As in, are you unable to see the image(s) in the Portals, and if so which one? i.e. My Services, Services or Customer 

In addition, if you have any further replication steps, that would be great! 

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Mohamed

This is in the Service portal. 

Users are seeing this: 

image.png.c7834f22d8fe7c9de10a6f598fb13e69.png

when they should be seeing a graphic of a table.

This isn't everyone...it seems that people who are NOT Service Manager users (i.e. have a full license) can't see the graphic, but people who are co-workers and who are NOT full users, CAN see the graphic. I haven't tried with many people but this does seem to be where the problem is...

thanks

Hi @Paul Alexander,

We have patched your instance automatically. Through the Admin Tool (https://admin.hornbill.com/[Instance Id]/), could you please click on "System" Tile > "App Store" Tile >  "Hornbill Service Manager" Tile - press the "Reload Application Cache" button.

image.png

Ehsan

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Ehsan

Just checking whether this SHOULD now be fixed or not please? (It's not working on our instance at the moment...)

thanks

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Paul Alexander,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. This was addressed in Build 1863. Could you please confirm that the Service Manager application on your instance is updated to this version?

Ehsan

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Paul Alexander,

Unfortunately we're struggling to identify a problem in this area. Based on the description provided here, we checked the areas around visibility of images in FAQs within Self Service (Service Portal, specifically), We can confirm that in the scenarios below, we are able to view FAQs in Self Service. Is there a combination/scenario that we're missing?

• A Basic user who is assigned "Basic User Role" and "Self Service User" roles.
  • A non-Service Manager user who is assigned "Collaboration Role" and "Self Service User" roles.
  • A Service Manager user who is assigned "Self Service User" role as well as any other Service Manager role.

Are images embedded into the FAQ, as per the example below?

image.png

Or is it a URL image?

image.png

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Ehsan

Sorry for the late reply...I'm trying to get as many people to try this as I can! 

So...I re-cleared the browser cache and then asked people to try again. The graphic is a URL image (/vinci/php/attachment/image.php?application=com.hornbill.servicemanager&entity=Faqs&key=1479&secure&filepath=image1582729088477.191.png) 

User 1- Service manager user with Self Service User role - cannot see the graphic

User 2 - Non-service manager user with Self Service User role - CAN see the graphic

User 3 - Service Manager admin (me!) CAN see the graphic.

Hope that helps! :D

thanks

Guest Ehsan

@Paul Alexander,

Thanks for getting back to me. Could you please confirm that you've clicked on "Reload Application Cache" button in the Admin Tool?

I'm guessing User 1 is assigned to one of the standard Service Manager roles (E.g. Incident Management User role)?

Guest Paul Alexander

Yes, I clicked the Reload Application Cache button and got this message:

image.png.7739e1582e36a0714bd8b904879bf36b.png

And yes, user 1 is assigned to the Service Request Full Access role

thanks

Hi @Paul Alexander

Just following on from your last post about the users, I've configured a service manager user with the self service user role and that still loads for me.

One last test I was going to try is when you are logged into the service portal and open an example where the image is not loading.  Could you then try opening in a new tab the URL for the image.. e.g. in your previous comment you listed the URL for the image so in that example in the new tab you would try opening

https://service.hornbill.com/vinci/php/attachment/image.php?application=com.hornbill.servicemanager&entity=Faqs&key=1479&secure&filepath=image1582729088477.191.png

When it works correctly the image should load, if not then I'm hoping it may return some form of error.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @David Hall

The people who can't see the image don't even get an icon at the moment...

image.thumb.png.f9808925257ff25c136baabb0fadac8f.png

What they SHOULD be seeing is this: 

image.thumb.png.4a44c803b7d36d86bf6100e85473e2cb.png

I DO understand that, in my original screenshot there IS an icon where the graphic should be, however that's disappeared for some reason! 

Hi @Paul Alexander

Sorry we haven't been able to get the bottom of the specific issue as yet by way of replication.  I think at this point it might be worth raising this as a support issue and then we can tackle it from there, perhaps we'll need to see the specific issue on your instance in order to find the underlying issue.

Kind regards,

Dave

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi James

We've tried every way that we can think of!  This includes copying and pasting and uploading graphics. 

Curiously though, when I sent the direct link to the graphic to one of our test subjects they get the error message saying 'The current user has no access to the service'.  I have added this user directly as a subscriber, but it hasn't made a difference.