New widget - iFrame

Dan Munns

Ok. Could you allow HTML code in the links widget? Like:

<iframe width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0"
src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed/v1/place?q=place_id:ChIJs_-cPeBsdkgR2BHwGRRVI2Q&key=..." allowfullscreen></iframe>

would show a google maps frame focused on your office if I embedded it into a webpage.

@Dan Munns, embedding HTML is quite dangerous because of script injections.
That link from Google Maps, might work as they authorise using the billing account, but other than that it will not work for almost anything.

We can add that widget but it will need to have  a big waring saying it will not work in all cases, so it can get quite technical.

Daniel.

• 7 months later...
1 minute ago, Daniel Dekel said:

Hi @LifeOfJonny,

It was not added because the customer that requested this never came back with the answer about why is needed (see previous comment).

What do you want to use it with? Becase an IFrame won't work with any website, in fact most websites are not allowing embedding in iframes.

Regards,

Daniel.

Hi Daniel,

We'd love this, because we want to add our Microsoft bot to the customer portal, which allows you to integrate it via iFrames in to your own webpages.

Jonny

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @AlexOnTheHill,

The best way to trace changes is to follow the Announcements community group ( https://community.hornbill.com/forum/135-announcements/ ). If you register your email address it will send you an email each time an application is updated.

I expect the build to go Live this Thursday, but again, as we are still testing that build any issue we find can delay that further. 

This build is exceptional because of many backend changes, that's why is taking time for us to test everything. My apologies for that.

Regards,

Daniel.