Document Manager Widgets

Will J Douglas

Hi,

Previously with the Service Portal it was possible to easily filter document by selecting the metatags and when using the search function only documents were displayed.

With the new Document Manager widgets in the Employee Portal there seems to be no option to filter only Document Manager documents in the search and no option to filter by metatag. - only the library selector or coding each widget to a specific library.

Regards,

Will.

Hi @Will J Douglas,

The widget is a very basic representation of the documents list. For a more advanced filtering you can always use the same document view you had been using in the old portal located in the main menu

image.png

What should be and is not, is a link in the title as the rest of the widgets have that takes you to that documents list.

We'll add it for the next Document Manager build.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hi @Daniel Dekel

Thanks for the update.

I had missed that which was staring me in the face:  that you still have access to the Document tile when logged into live.hornbill.com.

I think when I wrote this post I was playing around with the mcatalog.hornbill.com view.  Are there plans to extend document capabilities in this view?

Regards,

Will..

@Will J Douglas, ahh, I understand now. In our next build (in Live today) you will be able to open a document or download one.

The documents list and search should definitely be in the mobile app, but that can take some time to be implemented.

I can keep you updated when we have this.

Thanks,

Daniel.

P.S. We are also working on a new option in the desktop that will allow Basic Users to search for documents as in the service.hornbill.com. That will search on the title and description of the documents. Similar to how you search in Global Search area.

image.png