Custom Fields for Users Help

Hello Support, @SupportAccount

I have a question regarding custom fields for users. In my case i would like to use the Attribute 5 for accountExpires.

We have setup an ldap create User Import for every night. I got the right values from the import but in the wrong format. Can you help me 

that we are able to show the correct format in this field? And i would like to see "Account Expires" instead of "Attribute 5" for the field name. 

Thanks Nikolaj

image.thumb.png.1613615aae4fb93d7857f669e54108f1.png

image.png.e2ec3aaf418ce2060290dd29a4ea2793.png

image.png.52b2e03096a3009b3e246a411899f1a7.png

Thanks

Nikolaj

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 10:32 AM, Nikolaj said:

Hello Support, @SupportAccount

I have a question regarding custom fields for users. In my case i would like to use the Attribute 5 for accountExpires.

We have setup an ldap create User Import for every night. I got the right values from the import but in the wrong format. Can you help me 

that we are able to show the correct format in this field? And i would like to see "Account Expires" instead of "Attribute 5" for the field name. 

Thanks Nikolaj

image.thumb.png.1613615aae4fb93d7857f669e54108f1.png

image.png.e2ec3aaf418ce2060290dd29a4ea2793.png

image.png.52b2e03096a3009b3e246a411899f1a7.png

Thanks

Nikolaj

Hello @SupportAccount

Can someone help me in this case? i would like to have a DATETIME Format for Attrib 5 or 6

Thanks 

Nikolaj

@Steve Giller Thanks for your help. You are right the attribute accountExpires is not a stored DATETIME. I saw the microsoft documentation as well. My question was if maybe Hornbill can convert it?

Thanks to add it to the enhancements list. I will keep an eye on it. 

• 3 months later...

Hi @Nikolaj,

This is now possible, if you're using v3.6.0 or above of the LDAP Import Tool. We've provided a pre-import action called LDAP Timestamp to Date & Time, which will take a field value containing an LDAP timestamp, and convert it into the YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS format:

image.png

So if you inject the Output of this action into one of the users fields (I've chosen Attrib 4, below) then the readable datetime will be written into the field:

image.png

The user I've imported:

image.png

Ansd the users record in Hornbill:

image.png

Hope this helps.

Steve

• Like 1

@Steve G 

I tried it but nothing happened. I think we are using an old import tool. here is the log entry. 

2020/07/02 13:07:35 [MESSAGE] ---- XMLMC LDAP Import Utility V3.0.3 ----2020/07/02 13:07:35

How can i easily update it?

thanks

Nikolaj 

@Nikolaj,

You'll need to grab the latest release for your OS and architecture from Github, and replace your 3.0.3 executable with that.

Once that's done, you'll need to make some changes to your config. Firstly you need to remove the square brackets from the output field against the action, then hit save:

image.png

Then in Attrib 5, replace the square brackets with curly braces, so it reads:

{accountExpires}

Or delete the value and inject it from the variable picker. Note, the newly created variables from the pre-import actions are all below the main variables. So you'll go from this:

image.png

To this:

image.png

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Steve