Cancel a request option for Customers

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

One of my Users has asked if there is any Cancel Request button option for Customers to use on the portal so they can just Cancel requests raised in error, rather than a User having to work a request to see an update advising request is no longer required ? Definitely seems like a good idea, as the function is there to Resolve / Cancel the request at the end of a request, as part of the BPM, is this something that is possible / being considered please?

Many thanks !

@Adrian Simpkins there is an option for your end users to cancel service requests via self service

image.png

Enable this setting, and assign the users, you want to be able to do this, the Self Service Cancel Request User role 

This setting and role also applies to the employee portal 

This will mark the request as cancelled, notify the owner / team and cancel the BPM

• 10 months later...

Thanks it brings up TWO options

guest.servicemanager.customer.request.enableServiceRequestCancellation
Allow authorised Customer Portal users to cancel Service Requests
guest.servicemanager.portal.request.enableServiceRequestCancellation
Allow authorised Service Portal / Employee Portal users to cancel Service Requests

Do I toggle to ON both of them  ?

@Toby Mc the top one refers to the Customer portal - this is typically the portal used, if your organisation supports external organisations and contacts.  The second one refers to the Service Portal / Employee Portal - these are typically the portals which you may use if you are supporting internal users / end users. 

If you are still not 100% sure, check the URL for your self service portal.

if it reads customer.hornbill.com/<YOURINSTANCE>

Then you have the customer portal, and should use the top setting

if it reads either live.hornbill.com/<YOURINSTANCE> or service.hornbill.com/<YOURINSTANCE> 

Then you have the service or employee portal, and should use the second setting. 

Of course if you support both internal and external end users, and have two portals, then you can of course enable both of them.

Hope that helps

Steve

thanks , so one last question I hope

I have toggled ON for this option

guest.servicemanager.portal.request.enableServiceRequestCancellation
Allow authorised Service Portal / Employee Portal users to cancel Service Requests

I have then given a user  this role

Self Service Cancel Request User 

Where/How can then now Close/Cancel their own ticket ? 

@Toby Mc the setting only provides the requestor the ability for a service request to be cancelled.  There is no option for Incidents. If an Incident is no longer an issue, and is still open, the customer would need to just add an update and the owner of the Incident can close it.  The only exception to this, is if the service desk has proposed a solution to the customer's Incident, and they have the option to accept the resolution(when in a resolved status), which will auto close the Incident (IT'S WORKING), or if they reject the proposed resolution it will re-open the Incident (IT'S STILL BROKEN).

image.png

• Like 1

Hi Toby, we updated our LDAP import config to add this role to all our basic users accounts once we enabled the setting, of course I am presuming you have an import from an AD setup here, otherwise if your user base is small and manually setup, then I think it would be a manual process

Thanks

Adrian

• Like 1

@Toby Mc Adrian's suggestion is a good one.   

An alternative is to go into the admin console - Home > System > Organisational Data > Roles and find the this role, from there you can click on the Assigned Users  tab, and in there, there are options to add users individually or to add all users to the role (blue group of users icon shown below). 

image.png

• Thanks 1