How to setup Service Manager to create new daily requests

Adrian Simpkins

Hi All

On our old instance of SupportWorks we had some automated jobs that generated each day to some of our teams (things like daily checks etc). I am sure I did see something at some point on the Wiki or Forum around this but I am struggling to locate this.

So I wanted to see how would I setup Service Manager to raise a new request every day to one of my teams please (I am unsure what this function was named in SupportWorks - apologies). Currently the team are using SupportWorks to action these daily requests, but I need to move them across to service manager going forward.

We need to setup some requests to trigger daily, and weekly (around 8 jobs in all)

Many thanks !

@Adrian Simpkins you have two main choices here:

1. Scheduled tasks - In a task, you can use the extended task options to run this on a schedule, and you can view these via scheduled jobs from the Home Menu option, and create views for these via the My Activities 

image.png

image.png

2. Alternatively you could use a request running a business process to automate on a daily basis the requests which need to occur on a daily basis. 

I've attached an example business process, which runs on a loop and schedules a request each day - you can use the business process to check if it is a week day and not schedule on the weekend if not required 

Schedule-DailyIncidents.bpm.txt

* With this you would need to change the task assignees etc, and also the details in the raise request operation.  

* Also be aware it would raise a new request, at the same time each day, based on when you raise the original request - i.e if you want these to run at 7am every day, you'll need to kick this off at 7am, and then it will create a new request every week day there after at 7am, until you cancel it.  

Anyway food for thought on a Friday evening

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steven

I am trying to download or access the txt document above but it does not offer any download options when I try this I am getting This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Can you re-share it again please as I would like to look over the automated BPM  :)

Thanks

Hi Steven

Very strange I can see IE whirling when I click on the link but then nothing happens? Normally no problems downloading these from here - I am going to restart my laptop as I think I have some windows updates pending then I will try again, and let you know :)

Thanks

Hi Steven

Still not downloading, I have restarted and installed windows updates, and cleared my temp folders off of IE (just in case) but still unable to download this file - when I click on it I can see a whirl on the Tab, but no message pops up like I would expect normally with a downloaded file,

Many thanks

Hi All,

I have now been able to access the download text file, and have setup a test version just now - I wanted to clarify if I can please, how would we cancel these requests once it starts running ? I presume it creates a new request on each day at the time I raised/started the Request, but how would I stop the PC running to stop the job creation please?

Thanks!

@Adrian Simpkins in the example, the process has a human task, this task has been set to expire daily, and will create your recurring loop.

image.png

The task will sit open, and waiting to expire.  however, If you choose the only manual outcome for the task (At any time) 

Cancel Process for scheduling

Then the process will end and no more scheduled tickets will be spawned. 

image.png