Hornbill Employee Portal & Employee Mobile Overview Webinar

TrevorKillick

Thank you for the demo @Steven Boardman I have one quick question regarding the ability to view team requests. Could this function this be restricted by individual service domain at all? for example it would be useful for a team to be aware of facilities faults/requests logs but perhaps not appropriate to view HR ones as they may be in relation to a request regarding personal information.

• Like 1

@John Delamare-Timms thanks for the question.    

If you are referring to the View Staff's Requests option this is a global option, so the right would afford a Manager the ability to view all requests for their staff - this option is not a new option with the employee portal,  it exists in the Service and My Services Portals.

Just to be clear, there is no Team visibility on the employee portal, only that of individual employees:

* View Their Own Requests

* View their staff's requests (if they are a manager, and this option is enabled

* View requests they are connected too (if this is enabled on a service by service basis, connection type by connection type basis and on a request type by request type basis) 

If there is a need for Users (Manager or otherwise) to view selective requests, i.e as you suggest requests for some teams and not others, perhaps aligned to different service domains, then it might be worth exploring the connections option.

There is some helpful information here on the wiki relating to connections 

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Connections

In essence, per service (so think facilities one's) you could allow connected users (of all or some connection types), the rights to view those requests via the employee portal.

For your HR services, you could opt not to configure these options, and as such users would not see requests they are connected too 

Here is an example of service in Service Manager, i can decide for all of my different connection types, and for each request type (Inc, SR or Change) if user of those connection types can view requests logged against that service on the employee portal. 

image.png

Connections can be added to requests manually, or you can automate this in your business processes, i.e add a named or variable user (customer's manager for example), to a request, and then based on your connection settings in your different services, the connected users would only see the requests which they are allowed too view (under the Connections filter on the request list widgets)

Hope that helps

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hello,

Please can I have confirmation of the latest regarding the deadline for the Employee Portal?  The information I currently have is that we should all have moved from the Self-Service Portal to the Employee Portal by the 31st December as no guarantee afterwards that any potential new or enhanced PCF functionality will work on the Self-Service Portal afterwards.

I thought there was a post about this on the forums but for the life of me, I cannot find it.

Thanks,

Samuel Wood

• 5 months later...

Hi Nasim,

Because of the craziness of 2020 we moved the date and as of yet have not set a hard date.   There is still a mix of both being used.  What I can say is that future engineering work will be going into the Employe Portal and not the Service Portal, so apart from any security related issues, there will be no further changes.   I would suggest its in everyones interest to move over as soon as is practical for them. Ideally decommissioning the service portal should be something we do because no one is using it any more, and not because we have set a hard date and that time is then reached.   If you feel you need a hard date to work towards I am sure we will ultimately set one. 

Gerry

• Like 1

@Gerry

Many thanks for the update - we are planning on moving over (date not set yet), I just wanted make sure I don't need to do something sooner.

Nasim