Request source type?

Alberto M

Hi.

Checking the h_source_type from our requests table, I found, besides the "Analyst", "Email" and "Self Service" which I know the meaning, some request with the h_source_type as "Post" and "Request" as well. Trying to find more info I couldn't find much more info about these. 

Is the "Request" source type set when the request has been raised from another request?

When does the "Post" source type is set?

Thanks again for your help

Alberto

• 1 month later...

@ArmandoDM

We plan to create requests from an external source using the available API and, in our testing requests we are creating before setting this live, the source fields (h_source_id, h_source_type)
are appearing blank. Can we just populate these fields with something meaningful?

Thanks

@Alberto M

We populate h_source_type with custom values, such as 'IM', 'InPerson' etc, so yes you can use your own custom values for this field.

In terms of 'h_source_id' we do not populate this but looking at the wiki, probably best to use the Analyst ID of the account you are using the API Key from.
image.thumb.png.6cc04b3ed0d45d7cab56b0bd127e8fb7.png

Cheers

Martyn

• Thanks 1

@Alberto M

The wiki main request table page, though not as up to date as the Entity Viewer in the Admin Tool (screenshot below) does tend to have a bit more of explanation text against it. Though the Entity Viewer tells you the maximum length of the field.

image.thumb.png.b28bb6017a10418269e5e75a0a0cf82a.png

@James Ainsworth @Steven Boardman

Can the entity view descriptions be extended to have example data values and notes added to them as per the level of detail provided in the wiki page?

Cheers

Martyn

• Like 1