Timesheet entries are not saved when updating a request with time spent

Martyn Houghton

Can I have an update on defect PM00157953 in relation to "Timesheet entries are not saved when updating a request with time spent", which was identified in October 2019.

We are trying to records time spent against all our requests in Service Manager to allow analysis of effort and support ability of different products, but having inconsistent saving of time spent is meaning this data is incomplete.

Thanks.

Martyn 

• 1 month later...

Hi Martyn,

I'm not familiar with the issue.  The mentioned reference PM00157953 was actually closed as a solution was provided by one of our development teams last month.  I take it that you are still experiencing issues? If that is the case, I'll ask them to have another look.

@James Ainsworth

The PM case was logged from our Hornbill Support Incident IN00157348, which we have not received an update on following the apparent closure of the linked problem last month by the development team.

If you can provide details of what the 'solution' was and in the mean time we will re-try using the time recording to see if the intermittent issue is still present or has been resolved.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

I've not been able to ascertain the exact details of the solution.  There was a possible root cause identified where an update would occasionally timeout.  The code here was refactored in order to remove this timeout issue.  As this was an intermittent issue and there wasn't any indication that we were able to replicate, it may have been difficult to guarantee that this solution would work.   This had been reported by other customers.  Since the update there were not any reports from the other customers of this continuing to be an issue.  We would love to hear that this is the same case for you once you re-try using it again.  If you do happen to have an issue, we will be sure to get another incident raised and do some further investigation. 

Regards,

James

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2020 at 5:04 PM, Martyn Houghton said:

Timesheet entries are not saved when updating a request with time spent

Hi. I'm having this issue as well. Any update action I add to a request where I add a time to the timesheet, adds no time.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@James Ainsworth

Hi James,  I came across this this morning, I have made a few updates on incidents and added time but my timesheet is only displaying one entry from today.
I know I definitely recorded an update with 3 minutes time against it as well as the 10 minutes that is being displayed.
I also checked in database direct in case it was just a display issue but it is the same.
This has also been reported by other members of my team.

SELECT * FROM h_timesheet_values where h_member = 'martin.bowman' and DATE(h_time) = '2020-06-01'
image.png.260322d1046b99b86248ee99696453e0.png

• Like 1

Hi Martin,

I'll feed this back to the development team.  There is an update for Timesheet Manager this isn't too far away.  While I don't think that this particular issue was directly addressed, there was a significant rewrite of some of the underlying code which will improve performance and possible issues like this will have been fixed in passing.   I don't believe we were able to replicate your issue internally which can make it a challenge for finding a fix.  Hopefully the new Timesheet Manager update will help.  I don't have a time frame yet, but possibly in the next view weeks.

Regards,

James

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...