Automatic email notifications one email response

Alberto M

Hi all.

Yesterday evening I've updated Service Manager the the last update available (1819).

Today I'm getting an automatic email messages sent from my Hornbill mailbox whenever someone responds to an email that has been sent from a request and the routing rules are updating the request with the email response. If someone responds to an email that have been sent from a request, that person receives an automatic email. This was something that was not happening before, so I believe it's something related to the update I've made. Also strange is that the email message that is being received by the users has no request data in it (see image). Also: this is happening in services no matter I have the automatic email notifications enabled or disabled for the service.

image.png.d08872ef4b7af8baa9c5d1b5da205dc8.png

Is someone experiencing this behavior or can advise?

Thanks and regards,

Alberto

Hi @Alberto M

There is a new update of Service Manager that went out yesterday which included some fixes specifically around the autoresponder actions.  I would suggest updating to the latest version and see whether that corrects the issue.  If you still experience issues post back and we can look further.

Kind Regards,

Dave.

@Alberto M

That setting is not new, its been in place for a long time and we haven't implemented anything that would change that setting on updates.  The only thought as to why you would just start seeing these emails is that something was not working correctly prior to the update and now with the updated autoresponder scripts its calling this correctly.

If you turn off the option then it should stop the emails.

Regards,

Dave

@Alberto M

I've just checked through and we don't currently populate any variables into this confirmation, it was initially provided as a simple confirmation method with an update such as "This is an automated system message to inform you that your Hornbill request has been successfully updated".

I'll raise it internally to see if we can get a change raised for that.

Kind Regards,

Dave

• Thanks 1