Email replies not being added to Request

Steven Cotterell

Hi,

I've spotted something happening in our Instance that I cannot explain.

We have this setting enabled in the Service Manager Settings...

image.png.10a6bbcd606f1a3f2a39e29a5a20e5d6.png

, however when an email reply is received where the sender is not the 'Customer', the email is not being attached to the Request.

Where the sender IS the 'Customer', the email gets attached.

If the sender is the 'Customer' but the "To:" field contains our email address AND another/other recipient/s, these emails are also not being attached to the Request (this may be down to the routing rule though - if anyone more knowledgeable on Routing Rules can validate this that would be great).

image.thumb.png.a555a47c4da4a2b6a100dff4d9116696.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

@Steven Cotterell the first issue I will need to have a look in the logs and see if I can find more info as of why. Some email examples will be useful (need the date as well).  You can PM those if you like. The second issue is indeed due to how RR is built. Because it is possible that the email is sent to multiple recipients, to catch these as well the To Adress criterion should be to address LIKE ‘%address_here%’

@Steven Cotterell

Does the update message that  is not get updated, do they stay in the inbox, i.e. Target Folder Failure location?

We have noticed some changes in behaviour since SM build 1819, which introduced changes in this area to include attachments and have been working through these to get to the bottom of what is happening. Did this used to work or is this a new rule you are implementing?

Cheers

Martyn

@Victor, thanks for responding.  I will get you some examples.  Do you want the logs too?  If they are recent enough I'm guessing if you had an API key you could grab the relevant ones yourself.  Let me know what you want to do.

@Martyn Houghton, thanks for your reply too.  Yes, the messages that are not being processed are staying in the Inbox, which kinda indicates some sort of failure, but then the emails go there anyway don't they before being parsed by the Routing Rules?  AFAIK, this issue has been there for a long time, at least 6 months, we were just able to manage the few that used to evade the rule, but seeing a lot more now, hence me following up the issue.  I can do some tests on attachments.

@Steven Cotterell

Might be worth creating a temporary folder within the mailbox and adjust the 'Target Folder Failure'. You would least know then if the rule was being triggered but failing for those emails going into the temporary folder or if the rule is not matching them at all and they stay in the inbox proper.

Cheers

Martyn

• Like 1