Service Manager Reporting Issues

Adambingley

Some of the reporting built into service manager seems to be completely broken.

I had various custom reports, that now show no data and there's no reason as to why.

As an example, the built in report "Requests Caused By Change" immediately shows no data as soon as you apply any date filter, this seems to be the same with many of the others such as reopen request count etc.

Is there any plans to improve the reporting? I'm having to write custom reports constantly using the direct database SQL which is very time consuming trying to find the right columns and relationships between tables.

Thanks

Adam

@Adambingley

When you say completely broken, is there any errors being reported?  None of the built in reports should be broken, its possible that something might be, and if it is we will of course fix.  I am wondering if you could be any more specific?

"Is there any plans to improve the reporting?"  we are always trying to improve both the way our reporting engine works and of course the reports we provide, the main issue with reporting is every customer has different needs and its not always easy to anticipate and meet these.    

"I'm having to write custom reports constantly using the direct database SQL which is very time consuming trying to find the right columns and relationships between tables"  if you had a distinct set of reports that you need, it might be worth feeding these back to our dev teams, in order that we can bake some of those into the in-app reporting we include.

Gerry

37 minutes ago, Gerry said:

@Adambingley

When you say completely broken, is there any errors being reported?  None of the built in reports should be broken, its possible that something might be, and if it is we will of course fix.  I am wondering if you could be any more specific?

"Is there any plans to improve the reporting?"  we are always trying to improve both the way our reporting engine works and of course the reports we provide, the main issue with reporting is every customer has different needs and its not always easy to anticipate and meet these.    

"I'm having to write custom reports constantly using the direct database SQL which is very time consuming trying to find the right columns and relationships between tables"  if you had a distinct set of reports that you need, it might be worth feeding these back to our dev teams, in order that we can bake some of those into the in-app reporting we include.

Gerry

Hi Gerry, 

Thanks for responding.

No actual errors, just get "No Data Available" when there clearly should be.

As an example, using the built in report "Requests Caused By Change" immediately shows no data as soon as you apply any date filter, this seems to be the same with many of the others.

Below shows a snip from the "Default Report" data, for "Requests Caused By Change"

image.png.8fb064849c3eca557a908fd4baf2447e.png

If i then create a custom view on this report with the following criteria (or anything to do with dates)

image.png.5bc000f1448feee4cc556bda3a78ea20.png

I get the following..

image.png.1d7772ad0debfbbf579832fedc169f12.png

All issues seem to relate to when you use the Custom Reporting, the default reports work, although they include nonsense data such as cancelled testing requests etc so are unusable.

The bespoke SQL reports I've had to create show:

- SLA compliance. (First Response, First Resolution etc) by year/month
- % Tickets raised by Analyst vs Self Service by year/month
- % ticket reopen by year/month
- % Incidents caused by change by year/month
- % staff satisfaction year/month
- Avg resolution times by SLA (This is in the reporting but the data doesn't seem to include actual working hours and cannot be filtered to show anything meaningful) 

You can probably produce most of these form advanced analytics, but the cost I was told was an additional 50% of our annual Horn bill spend .

Thanks

Adam

image.png

@Adambingley,

We found an issue with creating a Custom Report based on "Logged On" as a condition. This will be rectified in the next Service Manager build. This build is due to be available in the week commencing 3rd February.

Service Manager Reports is an area which we continue to consider during our planning stages and we have already committed to undertaking more enhancements in the first half of this year. I appreciate that it is currently not as advanced but it remains one of the areas that we prioritise our efforts on.

Ehsan 

2 hours ago, Ehsan said:

@Adambingley,

We found an issue with creating a Custom Report based on "Logged On" as a condition. This will be rectified in the next Service Manager build. This build is due to be available in the week commencing 3rd February.

Service Manager Reports is an area which we continue to consider during our planning stages and we have already committed to undertaking more enhancements in the first half of this year. I appreciate that it is currently not as advanced but it remains one of the areas that we prioritise our efforts on.

Ehsan 

Thanks Ehsan, I appreciate your feedback.

Best Regards

Adam

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2020 at 2:17 PM, Adambingley said:

Thanks Ehsan, I appreciate your feedback.

Best Regards

Adam

Hi Just wanting to post here again because the reporting issue I posted about has still not been fixed.

Currently cannot run the report "Incidents Caused By Change" for a "Date Closed" of any filter such as last 365 days....

Thanks

Adam

• Like 1

Hi 

I am also having an issue running reports, they all keep failing although they have run Ok in the past

The ones we use most are logged on date logged and ones that have been running fine for ages now are failing

Will log a support call

thanks

Helen

22 hours ago, Ehsan said:

@Adambingley @HGrigsby The issue with "Logged On" in Service Manager Reports will be addressed in the Service Manager build that is due to be released tomorrow (Wednesday 12th) morning.

Thanks Ehsan, unfortunately this has not fixed the issue.

Your issue seems to be on all date filters, I was using "Date Closed" as mentioned above in my previous screenshots and this is still an issue.

image.png.286a0220c51c5bee91c3179c54826742.png

image.png.9fe10c42cb5c8bc3b00baa8ab44b896a.png

• 2 months later...
Guest Ehsan

@Adambingley,

Really sorry for getting back to you late. I've had a look and found the cause of this issue. A defect has been raised and assigned to the development team.