Mcrosoft Teams

Hi @chriscorcoran,

Microsoft have changed the beta Post To Channel API  - both the URL and payload... So I've updated the integration, and it works as it should again. The updated operation should be available on your instance in the next few minutes. Let me know how you get on with this.

Cheers,

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi @chriscorcoran,

I've just given the integration a whirl, and it's worked as expected for me. I have been able to replicate your issue though - it looks like the Channel ID is incorrect. Looking at your node config in that screenshot, the Channel ID doesn't appear to be in the correct format... If you replace what you have there with the threadId URL Param when you're looking at channel you want to post to (including the @thread.skype postfix), then it should work:

image.png

Cheers,

Steve

Sorry, not very technically minded here.

What would the integration mean for users? We use SM within our force, and are currently in the process of Win10 and the whole package including Teams coming into effect.

What could the users expect from the integration across both platforms?

• 2 weeks later...

@Steve GI'm still geting the following error iBridge Method: /Microsoft/Teams/Post To Channel.m Error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'status' of undefined... 

then it wont move onto the next stage assigned to team.

I can try re run the last step and it posts but I still get the error 

image.png.8d98435d9a5813c26c86a236c826d9c7.pngI can 

Any ideas

Hi @chriscorcoran,

I've not been able to replicate your issue, so I've added some enhanced logging to the Post to Channel operation to help with the debugging of thi issue. Could you give it 10 mins for the update to hit your instance, then try again and let me know once done so I can check the logs, please?

Cheers,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @chriscorcoran,

This is probably due to the Microsoft refresh token in your Keysafe Teams key expiring, so we're unable to generate a new access token with it...  

How this works is, when you first connect a Keysafe key to your Microsoft account, Microsoft give us 2 tokens for authentication of requests made against their API:

• The access token - we use this to authenticate the Hornbill to Microsoft API requests. This token has a 1 hour shelf-life before it expires - at which point we need to generate a new access token with the refresh token, for any subsequent API calls;
  • The refresh token - this allows us (as in your Hornbill instance integrations) to create new access tokens once the access token expires. The refresh token lasts for 14 days.

So if the access token and the refresh token have both expired, then you need to revoke and reconnect your Keysafe key to your Microsoft account. I did make some changes in the last update of this integration to better handle the refreshing of tokens, so you should only have to do this once - as long as the integration is called at least once every 14 days.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Steve

• 2 months later...

Hi @chriscorcoran,

The only ways I can replicate this error are:

• If the channel is only allowed to be posted to by moderators, and the user who you created the keysafe key with is not a moderator (usually Team Managers);
  • If the user who you created the keysafe key with is not a member of the Team.

So I think it must be one of those scenarios? Forbidden would suggest a permissions issue, so I would check for either of the above...  

Cheers,

Steve