Power BI R Script Error

Configured setup exactly as I have  in the past with the new GitHub Text...

Getting the following error message:

DataSource.Error: ADO.NET: R script error.
No encoding supplied: defaulting to UTF-8.
Error in if (runID > 0) { : argument is of length zero
Execution halted

Details:
    DataSourceKind=R
    DataSourcePath=R
    Message=R script error.
No encoding supplied: defaulting to UTF-8.

Have tried switching the encoding as recommended but no luck....

Can anyone help? Ive got the big wigs breathing down my neck as to why their reports aren't working!

Hi @Josh Bridgens,

I can replicate your issue, and it's due to a problem with the API key being used. It's either been deleted, revoked, suspended, auto-expired or doesn't have the privileges required to run the report. I'll have a look at the code to see if I can return a slightly less confusing message when there are issues with the key, but if you have a look at the key you're using I expect you'll find there's an issue there.

Cheers,

Steve

23 minutes ago, Steve G said:

Hi @Josh Bridgens,

I can replicate your issue, and it's due to a problem with the API key being used. It's either been deleted, revoked, suspended, auto-expired or doesn't have the privileges required to run the report. I'll have a look at the code to see if I can return a slightly less confusing message when there are issues with the key, but if you have a look at the key you're using I expect you'll find there's an issue there.

Cheers,

Steve

Perfectly correct.

Thank you so much.

Josh

• 4 months later...

Hi 
Hope it's okay to continue in this thread, since it is related to Power BI and R Script.
I am just starting with the Hornbill API in combination with Power BI. I got all the dependencies (I believe) installed with R.
Copied the script from GitHub PowerBIDataSource_HistoricReport.R  in the R Editor in Hornbill. Changed the Instance and added the API Key. 
I ended up with the error:

image.png.63a7789c250b95d5b3582b1b949199c7.png

What Am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark

Hi @Mark den Elzen,

The 404 error you are seeing suggests that the script has been able to communicate with Hornbill, but can't find the specific endpoint. This is possibly down to the instance ID provided to the script - could you double-check that please (and note, it is case-sensitive).

Thanks,

Steve

• Thanks 1