Error adding FAQs - superfluous entity record

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

I have a user who is getting an error when trying to add a FAQ to a service - 

image.png.320ae7f90fa5761308652bc3238d4f54.png

If she adds just 'normal' text, then there are no problems.

However, if she adds a link to another website, then this error pops up and it deletes everything in the FAQ.

I've tried doing the same, and it works fine for me, and this user has added many FAQ's before! 

Any ideas please? 

The actual 

Hi @Paul Alexander,

I've looked into it and adding and updating an FAQ works as expected. Could you provide us with a breakdown of how they were able to replicate this issue? Is more than one FAQ affected? Which field(s) are they updating, that result in this error? If they were to clear their cache/cookie and login again, are they still able to replicate the issue?

Ehsan

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Ehsan

I've done a little bit of testing, and I can't replicate this either! But, the only link which seems to make this happen is this one (which is  a link to MS training): https://support.office.com/office-training-center?redirectSourcePath=%2fen-us%2farticle%2fOffice-Training-Center-b8f02f81-ec85-4493-a39b-4c48e6bc4bfb

I've asked the user to log out and in and that hasn't made a difference. I'll get her to clear her cache and see what happens. I'll let you know!

thanks

• 9 months later...

I have a user who has reported the exact same problem.  Based on what was on this post, I asked him to create the FAQ with normal text and remove any URL links.  I also got him to try from a different service.  He also then tried to update an existing FAQ and in all case, he gets the same error.

Creating a blank FAQ with no text fails also.  

Is there a Role that users need to be able to Publish/Update FAQ's?