JIRA - Create Issue - Custom Field (Options) and Array

@Steve G

I am able to to successfully use the JIRA -> Create Issue Method to create issues in our cloud based JIRA instance where the form does not contain any mandatory fields of type 'Option' or 'Multi Select Array'.

image.thumb.png.d3ae970d671c05ccc3c39909d80c2b46.png

I am trying to implement logging of 'Support Item' issue type in our JIRA instance from Service Manager. The create issue form has both a mandatory 'Customer' field with prescribed options and a multi select field for versions.

jiraarray.thumb.PNG.2a752dcd85861aa8718070b50443d604.PNG

jiracustfield.PNG.5f1a6d3c609f00a616887db12ed51585.PNG

I have tried populating both but the JIRA Create Issue method fails. As there is no error logged I cannot determine whether it is failing on both or just one of them, as both are mandatory.

How can I diagnose this further?

Cheers

Martyn

@Steve G

The issue appears to be that the 'versions' field is not a custom field, but a standard one in the JIRA schema of type array/multi-select. 

Therefore the prefix applied of 'customfield_xxxx' when using the custom array parameter will not work.

image.png.0a9ad620eae6b4654e40a68ec86acae3.png

I will raise a new forum post for this to be added as an enhancement., whilst I still try to resolve the issue with the other Customer Field.

Cheers

Martyn

In terms of the actual custom field with options, the issue appears to be the way the parameter is passed to the API call. I have tried passing the value id and value itself but neither work.

"iBridge Method: /Atlassian/Jira Cloud/Update Issue.m Error: Jira Error: customfield_10714: Could not find valid 'id' or 'value' in the Parent Option object...."

I suspect their needs to be an additional option of 'SelectList' along with the current 'Text' and 'Number' options, so that the api call format below can be used.

image.png.0107af21416b6b2e1eaf952057e6a6c5.png

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-examples/#creating-an-issue-examples

Cheers

Martyn