Report for all open project tasks with due date yesterday

Nikolaj

@Steven Boardman thanks for your help.

In your first example i can only see my tasks or activities not from all my other project managers right? i looking for a report for all project tasks.

In your second example i think it is possible to see all open tasks but i get not the result is expect maybe i do something wrong.

here my settings for the report:

image.thumb.png.48e4e6cf00d9b81ec61784285c0a4080.png

I would like to see the project Name, Task Name, due date and assigne... for example for all tasks over the due date yesterday...

image.thumb.png.ab6137e30e46ecd4f071d441b142edd6.png

many thanks

Nikolaj

@Steven Boardman thanks for your help. In this last report something is wrong with the Project Name and Project Manager i get the same name for both when i tried your report. 

But with the result of number of tasks you are right i got the tasks now correctly my mistake.

image.thumb.png.a4dc0144b9bd44574638d112dbd87e70.png

I think it has something todo with that table 

image.thumb.png.b832cc2b5105496c21007e8498b13c76.png

Thanks

Nikolaj

@Nikolaj sure just go into the report config - Select Filter and choose the Due Date between filter 

If it is between two date periods, leave the Value is between setting (change this to greater than or less than if you are looking for due dates before or after a variable, i.e due date before end of yesterday).  But if it is for the current month - then delete the two values (start of Yesterday and end of yesterday) and add new values (always two if you are dong a Value is Between filter), and use the variable picker to choose Start of Month and End of Month for example.   if you are dong a greater than or less than then you only need one value to evaluate against. 

Remember you also have the Save As option with the reports, so you can create various different versions of the report if needed.  

image.png

• Like 1

@Steven Boardman this is great thank you very much for your support.

Just One Question can i send you my results via email because of the data from the users?

I ask because there you can see as i mention in an other topic here that there are still tasks inside who not existing any more in the ui.

Maybe that helps your developer to find the problem.

Best regards

Nikolaj 

@Steven Boardman I think it has something to do with the project roles in one project because what i can see is there are more then 1 project manager in this project and then i get this entry 3 times in the report.

Maybe it has nothing to do then with this other topic. I will send you my report then i think you can see what i mean.

Thanks

Nikolaj

@Nikolaj if you have multiple PM's in a project, the way this report is created with it's joins and filters it will return a line for each PM in the report - hence why you see multiple, i created this report on the assumption that there is only one PM in each report and one of the filters is working on the project member role being PM.   

Having seen your direct message this confirms it to be the case. 

* If you only have one PM per project then the existing report will only contain one line per project task

* You can tweak the report to remove the PM column and joins to the project members table which will again result in one line per project task (minus the PM column being displayed in the report of course).   

Whilst happy to assist on the forum posts, and with the above hopefully giving you a couple of options to try,  there is also the route open to you of engaging with our customer success team and expert services, where the team can work with you on specific requirements and nuances you may have.

• Like 1

@Steven Boardman again thank you very much for your support and the report. 

* If you only have one PM per project then the existing report will only contain one line per project task

This should be the normal way for us

* You can tweak the report to remove the PM column and joins to the project members table which will again result in one line per project task (minus the PM column being displayed in the report of course).

this is absolute fine for me thanks Steven.

Best regards

Nikolaj