Archiving users

Gareth Watkins

Good afternoon

I have written a workflow for a staff leaver process and am trying to get the leaver profile archived in hornbill as part of the process.

At present the leavers name is provided in the progressive capture (from a group picker) by their line manager. I have tried to use the archive user function in an automation node using the variable from the prog cap to identify the leaver that needs to be removed, but it isn't working.

Can you clarify if It is possible to archive a user based on a variable as oppose to archiving the person who initially logged the call?, as the logger would be their line manager and not the leaver.

Neither the data value or raw value prove to work. I also tried to get around it by logging a linked call under the leavers name (using the same variable picker) in order to archive them in another workflow but that didn't work either.

Any help is appreciated

Hi @Gareth Watkins,

In your Progressive Capture, the field within the Customised Form should use the data query option below.

image.png

In your Business Process, use the Hornbill Automation below (Requests > Get Request Information > Progressive Capture Answers) to load in the form that was submitted via the Progressive Capture.

image.png

Using the Variable Picker, locate the Progressive Capture form in question and select the field that you had configured to select a Co-worker. At this point, click on the Inject drop-down button and select Raw Value. This injected value would contain the user's Id (h_user_id column in h_sys_accounts table).

image.png

I hope this helps?

Ehsan

Hi Ehsan

I have set up all of the nodes as you suggest. The only node I had to change was the prog cap. (I was using the search all user instead of search co worker)

Sadly the process still will not archive user profiles in the process. No changes are made to the profiles and they remain active despite the nodes in the workflow. 

Any other ideas?

In order to see it is working I have setup a test profile for a basic user and am trying to manipulate that, making it my staff leaver when completing the prog cap. It is based on a profile I know to be working, but which is live, so cannot risk archiving a random user in the system. 

Good morning Ehsan

The screen shot below shows the page of the workflow I am having trouble with.

image.thumb.png.183c6dc0346eb3d82ad922231292b578.png

The last automated node in the process flow is the one in question. As you advised earlier in the conversation, I have a get prog cap details at the start of the flow, allowing me to link the archive user node to the prog cap answer provided for the flow. They are setup exactly as your screen shots above indicate both in the progressive capture and workflow.

Regards

Gareth