Supplier import

Moe

Can you please advise if it is possible to import updates to suppliers via the import without duplicating supplier records? Can we also import to specific fields, such as a custom field without potentially overwriting other fields?

If so, how do you link back to the original supplier record?

@Moe

As Alex states, the import currently is only a one-off import.  It sounds like what you want is some form of live synchronisation with data in another system? Can you provide more details so we have an idea of what you are trying to achieve, and with what other system(s)?

Thanks

Gerry

Thanks for the response.

I am looking to load the supplier information from our previous ITSM tool. However the structure is quite different and I am expecting there to be additional fields that we require going forward so I'm anticipating that we may need to load additional information against all suppliers. It would also be helpful going forward and including when we have the contract import to be able to bulk update.

@Moe

Ok I understand, so if you import and forget some data, you want to be able to retrospectively update the same imported data with the addtional field(s)? In which case this is something we would need to look at changing, and there is the added complexity of mapping a unique source ID so updates can be synchronised. Thanks for the clarification

Gerry

• 3 weeks later...